"EXTREMADURA 2001" Top 5 Page for this destination Extremadura by Carmela71

Extremadura Travel Guide: 275 reviews and 903 photos

How this trip was planned

I had two weeks holidays after a few stressful months. I really needed to rest a little, but I did not rest at all, on Saturday the 4th of august I had to work, my cousin pick up me from work and the travel begins!

We took the road to Sevilla (be careful the circle road is a little messy) and them addressing to Italica, we took the road to Caceres until Merida.

From Malaga to Sevilla is motorway but from Sevilla to Merida it was a normal road with one way for each drive.

We got into Merida at 19.00 and we founded the hotel easy, it was central and close to the Amphitheatre where we were going to enjoy a beautiful open drama.

We stayed there that night and the next morning to visit the rest of the city and on Sunday we took the road again to Caceres.

We stopped for lunch in Trujillo, where I fallen in love, i did not know it was so beautiful ...

Then we went to Caceres, the hotel was not very nice, so at the end we changed for a better one next to the old quarter and close to the city center too.

Next day we took again the car to Salamanca, we stopped in Plasencia (the followings days it was going to be a mediaeval fair, so streets looked wonderful), the we stopped in Hervas, lovely Jewish old quarter, and finally we got into Salamanca.

Salamanca is the city where I could live for a few years, the atmosphere is so great! No words can explain...

The next day after walking through Salamanca, we took again the road to Valladolid, we stopped half an hour before, turned right and drive along the Castles roads...: Medina Sidonia is great, until we got finally at our family house in Castrillo de la Vega, I had two days to recover and flight to Holland (but that’s another history) LOL....

• Last visit to Extremadura: Aug 2001
  • Intro Updated Sep 20, 2004

• arty_girl's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2007 at 11:09 AM

Thank you for this page on extremadura. I''m studying spanish currently and Estremadura is a topic I'm focusing on. You've given me a lovely insight!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2004 at 6:18 AM

Love you photo's and tips on a place that I have not yet seen. Thanks for sharing with us

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2004 at 10:07 AM

Extremadura is a beautiful part of Spain, i have to explore more that region. Thanks for the tips :-) Nat

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2004 at 5:38 AM

Merida and Trujillo are 2 interesting cities in Extremadura. I enjoyed my visits there a lot.

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2003 at 3:21 AM

Haha... when you taking me?

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2003 at 10:32 AM

Fantastic photos and stories in your travelogue! The Extremadura area looks so beautiful!

Carmela71

“Life is full of surprises Never say never”

Badges & Stats in Extremadura

Have you been to Extremadura?

Latest Activity in Extremadura