"EXTREMADURA 2001" Top 5 Page for this destination Extremadura by Carmela71
Extremadura Travel Guide: 284 reviews and 932 photos
I had two weeks holidays after a few stressful months. I really needed to rest a little, but I did not rest at all, on Saturday the 4th of august I had to work, my cousin pick up me from work and the travel begins!
We took the road to Sevilla (be careful the circle road is a little messy) and them addressing to Italica, we took the road to Caceres until Merida.
From Malaga to Sevilla is motorway but from Sevilla to Merida it was a normal road with one way for each drive.
We got into Merida at 19.00 and we founded the hotel easy, it was central and close to the Amphitheatre where we were going to enjoy a beautiful open drama.
We stayed there that night and the next morning to visit the rest of the city and on Sunday we took the road again to Caceres.
We stopped for lunch in Trujillo, where I fallen in love, i did not know it was so beautiful ...
Then we went to Caceres, the hotel was not very nice, so at the end we changed for a better one next to the old quarter and close to the city center too.
Next day we took again the car to Salamanca, we stopped in Plasencia (the followings days it was going to be a mediaeval fair, so streets looked wonderful), the we stopped in Hervas, lovely Jewish old quarter, and finally we got into Salamanca.
Salamanca is the city where I could live for a few years, the atmosphere is so great! No words can explain...
The next day after walking through Salamanca, we took again the road to Valladolid, we stopped half an hour before, turned right and drive along the Castles roads...: Medina Sidonia is great, until we got finally at our family house in Castrillo de la Vega, I had two days to recover and flight to Holland (but that’s another history) LOL....
From the main square walk around the old quarter, you will see lots of interesting medieval buildings. This building... more travel advice
Carmela71's Related Pages
Extremadura Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Extremadura, past to underestand!!!!"
- "Extreme and Hard"
- "EXTREMADURA 2001"
- "EXTREMADURA under construction"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Extremadura
- Hotels in Extremadura
- Transportation in Extremadura
- Nightlife in Extremadura
- Restaurants in Extremadura
- Shopping in Extremadura
- Warnings and Dangers in Extremadura
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Extremadura
- 23 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Extremadura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Extremadura
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 137 reviews, 133 photos, 7 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 110 reviews, 106 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 76 reviews, 118 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 90 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 78 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 84 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 74 reviews, 97 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 86 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almería Intro, 59 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 56 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues