"Edam more than cheese" Edam by Carmela71
Edam Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 194 photos
Edam Cheese has become a brand name.
Cheese markets are still held in the summer months, held only for tourists purposes.
The old town centre still has lovely tipical Waterland houses.
Thursday We took a ticket for the buses all the day so we went to MARKEN, then a boat to VOLENDAM, where we dress in old dutch tipicall dresses as you can on the top (great time) .
From volendam we took another bus to EDAM, just to enjoy its streets and shops (cheese everywhere)and of course the canals, we saw how the ships moved the bridges and things like that (something new for us) jeje and later we went to Zaanse Schans.
some interesting places to visit: The city hall the Damm the Museum of cheese the wooden house Great Church or St.... more travel advice
The narrow streets, little white bridges, and old houses .... One of the things you can do in Edam, is walk around in... more travel advice
Carmela71's Related Pages
Edam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Say CHEESE! say EDAM!"
- "Most famous for its cheese"
- "the town and its cheese"
- "Dam on the Ye"
- "City of Cheese"
- "Edam, home of "the" cheese"
- "NOT ONLY CHEESE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edam
- Transportation in Edam
- Restaurants in Edam
- Shopping in Edam
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Edam
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Edam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edam
Photos in EdamSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 137 reviews, 133 photos, 7 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 110 reviews, 106 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 76 reviews, 118 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 90 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 78 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 84 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 74 reviews, 97 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 86 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almería Intro, 59 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 56 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues