"1st stop in our Peloponesso trip" Olympia by Carmela71

Olympia Travel Guide: 158 reviews and 510 photos

I do not know why I do not remember much of my first visit to Olympia on 1988 when as teenager I visited Greece with my highschool. I remember very well Mikonos and Epidaurus, but I just dont have any memories of herre.

On my second trip to Greece the last week we rented a car and drove along peloponesos, no plans, no bookings, just a map and the whole peninsula to visit! What an incredible week!

I will not tell you all the facts etc, as you can find them in a guide, only my memories and my impresions.

I guess we all kknow or at least imagine that thi was the place where the first Olimpic took place many many years ago... But I guess the Olympics had change a lots since that times lol

We were very lucky as when we arrived we found a hotel we did bargain a little and we got a double and single bedroom for 75 euros both :-)

We walked along the city for a while till we saw a place with not many tourists.. so we headed there.. and we loved the food for excellent price.

early in the morning we visited Olympia and after we headed south till we decide to turn to visit a temple of the top of the mountain, Temple of Apollo Epicurious.

• Last visit to Olympia: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Mar 24, 2009

Carmela71

“Life is full of surprises Never say never”

Badges & Stats in Olympia

Have you been to Olympia?

Latest Activity in Olympia