"Day excursion with the (W)right family" Top 5 Page for this destination Silves by Carmela71
Silves Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 316 photos
With a roman, Arabic and medieval flavour, Silves was a great discovery for us.
That day we pick up Geoff and Mary and drove along the countryside (roof off) till Silves. We only knew that the castle was one of the best preserved of the area 8 and you know Stacy´s passion for castles lol is not far away mine ;-) !) But we founded a city with more to offer, even if indications were not great.
Visit the castle, cathedral and church walk along the little streets… and visit of course the Portugal cross …
The views from the castle were incredible! It is easy to understand the political and strategic importance of the city... more travel advice
It was constructed on the 15th century but remodeled on the 18th after the earthquake. more travel advice
Carmela71's Related Pages
Silves Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The village of Alte"
- "Day excursion with the (W)right family"
- "Kingdom of the Algarve"
- "Historic Silves"
- "Moorish Silves"
- "Silves from above"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Silves
- Hotels in Silves
- Transportation in Silves
- Nightlife in Silves
- Restaurants in Silves
- Shopping in Silves
- Warnings and Dangers in Silves
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Silves
- 12 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Silves?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Silves
Photos in SilvesSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 137 reviews, 133 photos, 7 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 110 reviews, 106 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 76 reviews, 118 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 90 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 78 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 84 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 74 reviews, 97 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 86 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almería Intro, 59 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 56 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues