"Back in august 2002" Top 5 Page for this destination Almería by Carmela71
Almería Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 331 photos
Do you want the tranquillity of unspoilt Spain?
Do you want to get away from the rest of the tourists?
Then you have come to the right place.
ALMERIA is contrast. It is crossed by mountains and valleys.
It's beaches are incredible.
The average annual temperature is 19.3°C. And mainly sunny.
It's main source of riches are the modern greenhouse systems (the fields of Almeria are known as plastic seas) which have revolutionized agriculture in the region. (plastic culture)
A stark contrast.
The Alpujarras region, (Granada and Almeria provinces), offers a fascinating landscape.
On the coast: Carboneras, Mojácar, Garrucha or inland Níjar and Sorbas.
The North offers the Vélez route, with the cave of the Letreros (with prehistoric paintings) in Vélez Blanco, and an interesting castle in Vélez Rubio. (amaizing views) saw them on the way back from Benidorm vt meeting.
For more info check on the travelogues:
The first excursion was to Cabo de Gata Nijar we took a excursion on jeep in San Jose through places that are only autorised for the guides ... I will recomend as it deserves. Then we travelled along the coast until Mojacar and back to aguadulce to the hotel.
For the second excursion , we took the road to Tabernas, to see the Desert of Tabernas (famous as many western movies had been filmed here; some of the old film sets still remain. We saw the Mini Holliwood Park theme. then drive all the sierra of Filambres until the city Macael famous of its marble, then Cuevas de Almazor and finally Sorbas.
And the third day we enjoyed of a great a saturday morning doing some shopping in Almeria, visiting the old town and the alcazabar. We had some tapas there and in the afternoon we visited Roquetas del Mar and Aguadulce.
The last day, we left Almeria and drive to the Alpujarras of Granada and finally back to Marbella
I went back there and visit again:
cabo de Gata, specially Los Escullos beach and Monsul beach
Alpujarras (on the way to Granada)
Almeria esta situada en el extremo sureste de la Península Ibérica y se halla cruzada por una serie de cadenas montañosas, Sierra Nevada, de Lúcar, Las Estancias, Los Filabres, María, Almagrera, Cabrera y Alhamilla, separadas por estrechos.
Tienen un litoral de unos 120 Kms y su parte más rocosa y elevada se encuentra en el Cabo de Gata.
Alternando con infinidad de calas, puntas y playitas de extraordinario atractivo, existen playas extensas, llanas y arenosas ... como podreis ver en la foto.
Los pueblos mas importantes son: Adra, Berja, Cuevas del Almanzora, El Ejido, Níjar, Roquetas de Mar y San Jose.
The karstic enclave is very beautiful as it is ploughed by the Aguas River and gullies which end in it. There are... more travel advice
- See All San Jose de Cabo de Gata
- See All Plastic culture
- See All Bancotel
- See All Views from the car, part 2
Carmela71's Related Pages
Almería Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Back in august 2002"
- "Desert and delightlful coast!"
- "Historic City of Almeria"
- "Lisalu's new Almeria Page"
- "Almeria the not so crowded costa!!"
- "Wild beaches and a desert in Spain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Almería
- Hotels in Almería
- Transportation in Almería
- Nightlife in Almería
- Restaurants in Almería
- Warnings and Dangers in Almería
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Almería
- 59 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 62 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Almería?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Almería
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 137 reviews, 133 photos, 7 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 110 reviews, 106 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 76 reviews, 118 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 90 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 78 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 84 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 74 reviews, 97 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 86 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almería Intro, 59 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 56 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues