"Back in august 2002" Top 5 Page for this destination Almería by Carmela71

Almería Travel Guide: 141 reviews and 328 photos

Do you want the tranquillity of unspoilt Spain?

Do you want to get away from the rest of the tourists?

Then you have come to the right place.

ALMERIA is contrast. It is crossed by mountains and valleys.

It's beaches are incredible.

The average annual temperature is 19.3°C. And mainly sunny.

It's main source of riches are the modern greenhouse systems (the fields of Almeria are known as plastic seas) which have revolutionized agriculture in the region. (plastic culture)

A stark contrast.

The Alpujarras region, (Granada and Almeria provinces), offers a fascinating landscape.

On the coast: Carboneras, Mojácar, Garrucha or inland Níjar and Sorbas.

The North offers the Vélez route, with the cave of the Letreros (with prehistoric paintings) in Vélez Blanco, and an interesting castle in Vélez Rubio. (amaizing views) saw them on the way back from Benidorm vt meeting.

Baisc excursions on february 2002

For more info check on the travelogues:

The first excursion was to Cabo de Gata Nijar we took a excursion on jeep in San Jose through places that are only autorised for the guides ... I will recomend as it deserves. Then we travelled along the coast until Mojacar and back to aguadulce to the hotel.

For the second excursion , we took the road to Tabernas, to see the Desert of Tabernas (famous as many western movies had been filmed here; some of the old film sets still remain. We saw the Mini Holliwood Park theme. then drive all the sierra of Filambres until the city Macael famous of its marble, then Cuevas de Almazor and finally Sorbas.

And the third day we enjoyed of a great a saturday morning doing some shopping in Almeria, visiting the old town and the alcazabar. We had some tapas there and in the afternoon we visited Roquetas del Mar and Aguadulce.

The last day, we left Almeria and drive to the Alpujarras of Granada and finally back to Marbella

August 2002

I went back there and visit again:

Almeria

Almerimar

cabo de Gata, specially Los Escullos beach and Monsul beach

Alpujarras (on the way to Granada)

All Photos had been take by me and Stace (Beach_dog)

En Español

Almeria esta situada en el extremo sureste de la Península Ibérica y se halla cruzada por una serie de cadenas montañosas, Sierra Nevada, de Lúcar, Las Estancias, Los Filabres, María, Almagrera, Cabrera y Alhamilla, separadas por estrechos.

Tienen un litoral de unos 120 Kms y su parte más rocosa y elevada se encuentra en el Cabo de Gata.

Alternando con infinidad de calas, puntas y playitas de extraordinario atractivo, existen playas extensas, llanas y arenosas ... como podreis ver en la foto.

Los pueblos mas importantes son: Adra, Berja, Cuevas del Almanzora, El Ejido, Níjar, Roquetas de Mar y San Jose.

• Last visit to Almería: Jun 2002
  • Intro Updated Nov 10, 2003

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2010 at 5:22 AM

Hola, Carmen! I see it's a wonderful place indeed! ><><><

• Nov 8, 2008 at 10:47 AM

Hello Carmen! I was in Almeria a few years ago. I still remember its beautiful scenery and serene ambiance. Thank you so much for your tips. Your tips will surely remind me to visit those places that i missed during my last visit to Almeria.

• Oct 9, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Nice page. CUEVAS DE SORBAS is very intersting!

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Nice pages - I loved Almeria but after seeing the wanton vandalism in places like the beach front at El Algarrrobico I doubt we shall ever return.

• amapola66's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2005 at 1:30 AM

hi carmela, i am enjoying your alemria pages. they have inspired me to book up a little summer break there :-) how did you find san jose?

• Apr 16, 2005 at 11:29 PM

gracias por poner la traduccion

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 1:31 PM

Your wonderful pictures bring back memories of travelling around the Almeria area with my late parents.

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2004 at 1:32 AM

This is certainly the true Spain. Fantastic pages and tips Thak you.

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2004 at 6:01 AM

Almeria, apart from the beautiful castle and the shopping :-)), looks like a good base to explore Cabo de Gata and the desert.

• Maillekeul's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2004 at 11:00 PM

La pellicula "800 balas" de Alex de la Iglesia me dio ganas de visitar esta ciudad y sus suburbios....

Carmela71

“Life is full of surprises Never say never”

Badges & Stats in Almería

Have you been to Almería?

Latest Activity in Almería