"Casares, lovely white village over the mountains" Top 5 Page for this destination Casares by Carmela71
Casares Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 118 photos
Yes I know unbelieble ... so near and i have not been there until today lol
Specially as for Andalucian people it is an important village, as Blas Infante was born here, a lawyer, politician and writes, author of the "Ideal Andaluz" and the begining of the "Andaluz" movement ...
I am not much nationalist or independinst... but as part of the history, he deserves a little place to be recognised by his ideas, even if I agree or not with them. Lol
Incredible views from this little white villague, in the mountains wiewing the beaches and the Mediterranean sea.....
But bad roads to go there lol ... (still i prefer Marbella to live lol), but it is a nice palce for a weekend or a day visit!! I hardly recomend it...
Also has historical importance...
A few caves with prehistorical presence showing we are too "old europeans" lol (hehehe), romans, arabs, cristians ... pased through their rocks....
You can find lovely beaches (after Estepona, and just before Saninillas), mountains and the famous "casares stone" that is placed in all Marbella villas ;-)
A nice palce for a meal also ... and some interesting festivals...
- Pros:beautiful scenary
- Cons:roads lol
As I said at the begining ... The house is now a Museum and entrance is 2 euros (can not recomend as i did not enter),... more travel advice
A protected Natural park, an done of the reasons is the special tree called Pinsapo that only can be found in this area... more travel advice
Carmela71's Related Pages
Casares Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Casares, Andalucia"
- "ANDALUCIA WHITE VILLAGE"
- "Casares, lovely white village over the mountains"
- "Casares - A white Andalucian village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Casares
- Hotels in Casares
- Transportation in Casares
- Restaurants in Casares
- Warnings and Dangers in Casares
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Casares
- 7 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Casares?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Casares
Photos in CasaresSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 137 reviews, 133 photos, 7 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 110 reviews, 106 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 76 reviews, 118 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 90 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 78 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 84 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 74 reviews, 97 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 86 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almería Intro, 59 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 56 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues