"Parque Natural de Gata y Nijar" Top 5 Page for this destination El Cabo de Gata by Carmela71
El Cabo de Gata Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 162 photos
The park of CAbo de Gata Nijar is a 30km long coastal strip made from a sub desert mountain range which has produced some of the most wonderful beaches and coves you could imagine.
The reason that this park has been so wonderfully preserved is the lack of good roads, its sub desert character and the large landed estates which make up the majority of the park.
The park covers 38,000 hectares of land and another 12,000 hectares of which is under water.
It is one of the hottest year round places on the peninsular
Cabo de Gata Natural park with its virgin beaches, lonely coves and sub desert scenery as well as the strange natural formations of volcanic craters and laval columns offers much to see and experience.
The crystal clear waters form an ideal setting for underwater photographic safaris and all forms of fishing.
Other water sports to be enjoyed are sailing or windsurfing.
Some of my favorites beaches are:
- Pros:Amaizing beaches
- Cons:only i would suggest no to go in august (too crowded) or winter (lonely)
- In a nutshell:A paradise
First we did a guided tour of five hours in a jeep with a great guide. Regards Miguel! down you will find all the... more travel advice
Playa de Monsul (one of my favorites with Los Escullos) many films were done here, also the last video of David... more travel advice
Carmela71's Related Pages
El Cabo de Gata Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An amazingly beautiful part of Spain"
- "Parque Natural de Gata y Nijar"
- "The incredible Monsul (near Cado de Gata)"
- "Beach_dogs Cabo de Gata Page"
- "Cabo de Gata"
- "El Cabo de Gata"
- "Cabo de Gata"
- See All...
- Things to Do in El Cabo de Gata
- Hotels in El Cabo de Gata
- Transportation in El Cabo de Gata
- Restaurants in El Cabo de Gata
- Warnings and Dangers in El Cabo de Gata
- See All...
Badges & Stats in El Cabo de Gata
- 11 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to El Cabo de Gata?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Cabo de Gata
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 137 reviews, 133 photos, 7 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 110 reviews, 106 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 76 reviews, 118 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 90 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 78 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 84 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 74 reviews, 97 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 86 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almería Intro, 59 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 56 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues