"And How to fall in love with a city...." Top 5 Page for this destination Granada by Carmela71
Granada Travel Guide: 2,065 reviews and 5,240 photos
Granada is a famous city and not only because the Alhambra and all the Moslem style monuments.
"Give something to the poor blind man,
because there’s nothing crueller in life
than to be blind in Granada"...
"Granada, city of Enchantment and Fantasy" were the words of Washington Irving who was captivated by this place.
The best time to come and visit Granada is in September & October or April & may, it is not to hot and not to cold.
If you want to see something typically Spanish you should come to the Cruces, this festival is on the 3rd of May and all the streets are full filled of flowers and outside music and pubs. Everybody enjoying themselves. In every corner there is a cross of flowers and everybody compete to have the best one. Cordoba as well has this party but I do not have photos scanned at the moment.
Granada has a lot of Baroque Architecture that it is not as famous but is equally beautiful to visit.
Granada is a university town and offers a range of amenities comparable to those of any modern city.
As well you will be able to do skiing in the highest mountain of Spain. Sierra Nevada.
All Photos had been take by me or Stace (Beach_dog)
Granada tiene un encanto especial. La union de las culturas cristianas y arabes no podria haber dado mejor fruto!
Un paseo por las murallas de la alcazaba, por el barrio del Albaicin, una visita a la catedral y a la cartuja, terminando con una vsita a La Alhambra.
La mejor epoca para visitar Granada es en Septiembre y Octubre o en Abril y Mayo, cuando ni el calor ni el frio son extremos.
Pero en particular os aconsejaria Mayo, las cruces de Mayo!, son el 3 de mayo, todo el mundo se echa a las calles, reina la animacion, la musica, huele a jazmin ....
Granada bien merece una visita, pero cuidado se vuelve una adicta, y no se quiere ir!
- Pros:Love this city .... the mix of cultures ...
- Cons:very cold in winter and hot in summer
- In a nutshell:Free tapas with the drink and atmosphere in the streets
The walls of the Alhambra are full of decoration and writings where we can read sentences as (Only God is the winner)... more travel advice
At the Comares palace, once you pass the Mexuar you enter at the Court of the Myrtles or Patio de los Arrayanes, at your... more travel advice
- See All Alhambra Gardens
- See All Summer nights concerts
- See All Photo madness
- See All Practising for Easter Procesions
Carmela71's Related Pages
Granada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Granada"
- "Much More Than The Alhambra"
- "And How to fall in love with a city...."
- "Feel of Old Islam in Spain"
- "Beautiful architecture and fantastic views!"
- "My new home - My old home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Granada
- Hotels in Granada
- Transportation in Granada
- Nightlife in Granada
- Restaurants in Granada
- Shopping in Granada
- Warnings and Dangers in Granada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Granada
- 76 Reviews
- 118 Photos
- 66 Forum posts
- 112 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Granada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Granada
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 137 reviews, 133 photos, 7 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 110 reviews, 106 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 76 reviews, 118 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 90 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 78 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 84 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 74 reviews, 97 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 86 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almería Intro, 59 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 56 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues