"Marbella (under permanent construction)" Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella by Carmela71

Marbella Travel Guide: 578 reviews and 2,080 photos

Marbella a Way of life

Marbella´s motto "A Way of Life" is a real thing.

Apart that i live here and it seems a luxurious resort (a favourite location with the rich and famous), also has the special soul of a typical Andalucia city with a cosmopolitan look.
For that you only have to explore the back streets in the old part of town.

Also you could also enjoy a walk throughout the natural park of Sierra de las Nieves (7 km from Marbella to the mountain) or Sierra Blanca (similar) and go to Mirador de Juanar (maybe this photo is not the most representative of Marbella but can show its beauty)

This is my city, Marbella

Even if I have been living in different countries (E ngland, G ermany & Spain)around Europe, this is where I prefer to live.

Probably is too t ourist, yes I know that. But this is the place to call my home.

I have been able to live in other cities in Spain: Bilbao, Burgos, Madrid, Málaga or Cadiz, but there is nothing in comparison with them. You are able to find peace, if you need it (well sometimes not always, hahaha), fun, beach, sun (rain mostly this winter)...

I am lucky to live here. You can find people from so many countries, cultures ... that you do not need to travel to met them. Sometimes I forget that I am in Spain, when I spend all the day, speaking in English

IF YOU ARE COMING OR THINKING ON COMING HERE.. NO DOUBT .. COME TO VISIT MARBELLA

Old Town Marbella

Most of the people pass through Marbella, visiting the shops, Puerto Banus, etc and forget to visit Marbella´s gem, its old town.

The old town of a typical Andalucia city with its narrow streets and small squares, flowers over the whites houses....

I will try to show you its beauty on my must do activities, trying to guide you through a itinerary around the Old town and another roman remains

All Photos had been take by me or Stace (Beach_dog)

• Pros:Is my city!
  • Cons:Traffic and crowded in summer
  • In a nutshell:After living in others...... THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIVE
  • Intro Updated Nov 19, 2010

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2010 at 12:25 AM

11C??? Oh, how blissful. I'd be happy to get above zero!!! Is it January yet? LOL!! Gillybob greetings

• eriksson977's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Hello Carmen, Outstanding pages. Thanks for the virtual tour. Tomas Eriksson :)

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Carmen, have you been to La Meridiana? I expect to be there this Friday and wonder if it is as good as they say.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2009 at 4:50 AM

I loved reading your tips, Carmen, I really want to go to the Bonsai museum and the lovely parks - and see the elephant :D Only one week to go and I'll be in Spain!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2008 at 6:31 AM

Returned to see Marbella with you. I have a friend there now and only hope he returns to Roma!

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Of course he liked the seats, HE could sit down...and your Ruta Taskera sounds like a good start in Marbella, almost like our Muza ^O^Martin

• Mar 24, 2008 at 7:10 PM

Guess where I've been this Easter... La costa del Sol! hehe. I tried to get my friends to stop off in Marbella but we missed the exit :( I'm currently building my malaga page, then I'll be moving on to Mijas, Torremolinos, little England etc..

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2008 at 3:54 AM

Hello,Carmen! It's a very nice castle, like those I visited in Gemany! Fine pictures and stories! Gracias, amiga!

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2007 at 2:55 AM

Marbella is too beautiful.Like the pictures on this page,especially of Rincon de la Virgen.

• Apr 2, 2007 at 3:15 AM

Hi Carmen, may you suggest me a very good Restaurante Argentino in the area of Marbella - Puerto Banus - Estepona? Thank you so much, Francesca

Carmela71 Used To Live Here!

Carmela71

“Life is full of surprises Never say never”

Badges & Stats in Marbella

Have you been to Marbella?

Latest Activity in Marbella