Úbeda Things to Do Tips by Carmela71 Top 5 Page for this destination
Úbeda Things to Do: 77 reviews and 201 photos
Here used to live the Morales nobility of the 16th century and in this days is on renovations.
It is also called the house of the hanged, it seems to be a history of a king that hanged a man that was founded with the wife of one of his best friends.....
Near Santa Domingo church is the Museo Andalusi.. One of the reasons we did not enter, apart of lack of time, is because we were not very impressed with the Cordoba´s museum Andalusi.
The price is 1.5 Euros
The Palace of the rambla from the Marquis de Ramblas constructed in the 16th century, a hotel in this days. I must check prices here, as I read that the accommodation here deserves as they had maintained the style in the rooms.
And now we go direct to the Tourist Office to get a map of the city and information about the area.
At the Plaza de Andalucia we can see the Tower clock and the royal butchery or Old abbatoir.
The tower Clock is a clock and a bell at the same time and it was constructed at the 13th century
Teh Old abbatoir is much modern from the 19th century
We will go down Calle Rastro till we find The Palace of the rambla a hotel in this days.
The Andalucia square gets united the old and the new part. We had left behind the shopping street of Cobos and Mesones and we get ready to walk along the little streets and find in every corner an incredible building.
Not all of them are well conserved, but many of them had been renovated and are hotels or town hall departments.
if the tower roof surprised me, I was ready to enjoy a beautiful claustro inside (patios), there are a few more little ones, but this is the bigger one
Even if originally was a hospital in this days is a cultural center and a library
This hospital was constructed by Andres Valdemira. What first call my eye was the tower roof in blue tiles.
While walking along the city you may be lots of lions adorning facades. The reason is that during the Tarifa battle the soldiers of Ubeda were recognised for its courage as the Lions of Ubeda.
More Reviews (3)
Carmela71's Related Pages
Úbeda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Úbeda, UNESCO World Heritage"
- "Ubeda, jewel of Renaissance"
- "Monumental Ubeda Under construction"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Úbeda
- Hotels in Úbeda
- Transportation in Úbeda
- Restaurants in Úbeda
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hamilton Island
- Hilton Head Island Hotels
- Gelang Patah Hotels
- Saint Julian's
- Portage Hotels
- Hamilton Hotels
- Province of Ilocos Norte
Badges & Stats in Úbeda
- 14 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Úbeda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Úbeda
Photos in ÚbedaSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 137 reviews, 133 photos, 7 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 110 reviews, 106 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 76 reviews, 118 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 90 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 78 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 84 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 74 reviews, 97 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 86 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almería Intro, 59 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 56 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Úbeda hotel reviews
- Husa Rosaleda De Don Pedro
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013