"2 days visit to Noord holland" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Noord-Holland by Carmela71

Provincie Noord-Holland Travel Guide: 12,667 reviews and 29,722 photos

first day excursion

We were staying in Amsterdam, and this is what we did on our first day excurions at Noord Holland

We took a ticket for the buses all the day so we went to MARKEN, then a boat to VOLENDAM, where we dress in old dutch tipicall dresses as you can on the top (great time) . From volendam we took another bus to EDAM, just to enjoy its streets and shops (cheese everywhere)and of course the canals, we saw how the ships moved the bridges and things like that (something new for us) jeje and later we went to Zaanse Schans.

second day excursion

The second day, we went to the Cheese market in AALMARK, with some dutch friends, that were living there for more than two years, and they did not know it! (well I do not know many things of my own country). Them we took the bus to BERGEN AM ZEE and we enjoyed a wonderful walk by the beach.At luch time wetook the train to HORN, where we took the train back to Amsterdam!

• Intro Written Nov 8, 2002

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2003 at 4:28 PM

Excellent pics of a lovely landscape ! Its always great to see these windmills and canals !

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2003 at 4:24 AM

Great pictures. I had only one day to explore outside A'dam and we went South instead. Maybe next time we'll visit more of the North

• truus_s's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2003 at 5:25 AM

Great page!!and beautifull photos!!Thanks

• martin_nl's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2003 at 5:14 AM

I always advise guests i the hotel I work for to visit places like Zaanse Schans and Marken. Never been there myself. Maybe I should buy such a day ticket for bus 111 and check them out :-P

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2002 at 12:49 AM

You saw the live postcards of The Netherlands. Even for a Dutchie fun to see. You must've laughed getting into the Volendammer costumes with the white "dutch cap". hahaha!

Carmela71

“Life is full of surprises Never say never”

Badges & Stats in Provincie Noord-Holland

Have you been to Provincie Noord-Holland?

Latest Activity in Provincie Noord-Holland