"A beauty and excellent company" Top 5 Page for this destination Sirmione by Carmela71

Sirmione Travel Guide: 162 reviews and 498 photos

Visiting Sirmione with Ali & Co

Friday morning before the meeting, we had planned to visit the rest of the lake we did not had time the previous day (there is so much to see!!). We convinced Ali (Sachara) and Co to come with us even if we had to pick up at 16.00 Jen and Mahieu. At th end we only had time to see Sirmione, but we needed all that time to visit it (ok we walked along Peschera for less than half an hour as well waiting for the girls!)

I have to say that Ali and Co made the excursion even more delightful, your company was great and hope it is not the last time we meet again!!

Sirmione the Beauty of Lake Garda

I was very impress with Sirmioni, not only because we love visiting Roman ruins (Ok I know I am in Italy what do you expect!! But we have many in Spain and we enjoy visiting them for its culture that travelled along Europe, also the first ones to invent tourism!). But this ruins were even more impressive due to its location. Romean new very well how to choose the best places to them!

Sirmione it is on the south centre area of the Lake Garda a narrow long peninsula with incredible views all over it of the lake and the mountains. If you are lucky as us to get a beautiful sunny day …. You will understand why I loved it.

But do not visit only the grottoes, just enjoy yourself walking along the medieval little streets or just around the peninsula through the path along the beach. Just wonderful!

• In a nutshell:A beauty at Lake garda
  • Last visit to Sirmione: May 2005
  • Intro Updated May 27, 2005

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2006 at 3:34 AM

Nice place to be visited - thx for the memories

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2005 at 11:51 AM

more lovely memories of Lake Garda resorts - travelogue shows me what I missed too!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2005 at 4:50 PM

What spectacular photos of Grotte diCatullo in your travelogue! Delightful reading and viewing. So nice to have VT friends to share adventures.

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2005 at 10:07 PM

Lemon sorbet is my favourite too.

• sachara's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2005 at 10:40 AM

Hi Carmen, lovely page and lovely company, LOL ! Thank you for asking us to join you both. It was a fantastic day ! We will meet again, for sure :-)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2005 at 2:05 PM

Very good photos and a very lively page ! Too bad we had not enough time for Sirmione !

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2005 at 12:16 PM

I like canons, I like castles more, but the Roman ruins were the highlight for me :o)

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2005 at 4:53 AM

Nice pics !! So ... Stace on a canon is a Warning, eh ? :O

• irisbe's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2005 at 4:47 AM

so funny ! we were there too but a little bit more earlier. We didn't visited the ruins but made a walk around the island. It was nice but terrible touristic :)

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2005 at 4:05 AM

Very nice start Carmela and high quality pictures (btw, it is Scala Family)

Carmela71

“Life is full of surprises Never say never”

Badges & Stats in Sirmione

Have you been to Sirmione?

Latest Activity in Sirmione