"Memories of Tangier" Top 5 Page for this destination Tangier by Carmela71
Tangier Travel Guide: 494 reviews and 1,240 photos
What comes to your mind when you think in Tangier?
Mint Tea ? relax , sitting on a terrace, letting the hours pass by with no rush.
Smells, colours, life, people ..
The past and the present ?. And a future
All that come to my mind.
Maybe I becomed addicted, Its my third time and I promised myself to come back while on the Ferry looking back to Tangier!
I do not want to write a lot about things you can easily check online but just a brief detail of history to understand why Tangier is so famous. First of all because of being strategic point of connection between the Atlantic and Mediterranean Sea it has been ?protected? by many countries. Around the 20´s it was controlled by 10 countries that with also great liberty of economics and uses it became very prosperous.
Many multimillionaire and artists came here looking for ?legal? activities that in the rest of the countries were not permitted, also the parties and orgies became a legend.
After the independence the city drooped in decadence till the last decades that had tried to get Tangier as tourist destination.
Tangier do not leave you indifferent, you hate it or you love it, there is no middle feelings on it, you promise not to go again or you get addicted to it.
When you go for a day trip with a planned excursion, you will feel they are only after your money and people just do not stop hassling you. But if you stay there and try to aclimatise to its rhythm you will fall in its beauty.
Forget the watch, forget the map, forget to make sure you will see everything there, just let yourself on the streets.
- In a nutshell:it will not leave you indiferent
My third visit to Tangier was at Christmas 2005/New Year Eve 2006. A group of friend we crossed by ferry to spend the... more travel advice
If you take the ferry from Spain, there are a couple of options: Algeciras or Tarifa (also sometimes from Gibraltar).... more travel advice
Carmela71's Related Pages
Tangier Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Better surroundings than the city itself"
- "Memories of Tangier"
- "Tangier, a street corner where Europe meets Africa"
- "OUR TANGIER "EXPERIENCE""
- "Our Day Trip to Tangier"
- "Keeweechic's Tangier"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tangier
- Hotels in Tangier
- Transportation in Tangier
- Nightlife in Tangier
- Restaurants in Tangier
- Shopping in Tangier
- Warnings and Dangers in Tangier
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tangier
- 33 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Tangier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tangier
Photos in TangierSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 137 reviews, 133 photos, 7 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 110 reviews, 106 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 76 reviews, 118 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 90 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 78 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 84 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 74 reviews, 97 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 86 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almería Intro, 59 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 56 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues