"The Origins of Paris" Île de la Cité by Carmela71
Île de la Cité Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 119 photos
The origins of Paris was on this little island in the Seine, connected to the city by bridges (and lately via metro too lol)
Here was where the first tribu was settle, but its importance come back to middle ages with Notre-Dame, Sainte-Chapelle and the Conciergerie later on.
Romance at the bridges and the seine?.
History at their buildings and the peopel that made Paris what is now.
Art where ever you go ?
And Creps lol
But my favourite? walking at night through this area?. I will never forget
This is the cell of Marie Antoinette whose cell is preserve and made a chapel, you can see how in the second room the... more travel advice
Views from the towers of Notre Dame are an experience. They were with grids for obvious reasons. But still you can... more travel advice
Carmela71's Related Pages
Île de la Cité Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Origins of Paris"
- "Shouldn't this place be IN Paris ?"
- "Ile de Cite"
- "Ile de la Cite"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Île de la Cité
- Hotels in Île de la Cité
- Restaurants in Île de la Cité
- Warnings and Dangers in Île de la Cité
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Île de la Cité
- 26 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Île de la Cité?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Île de la Cité
Photos in Île de la CitéSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 137 reviews, 133 photos, 7 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 110 reviews, 106 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 76 reviews, 118 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 90 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 78 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 84 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 74 reviews, 97 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 86 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almería Intro, 59 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 56 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues