"Day 1 Excursion to the North" Top 5 Page for this destination Kefar Rosh HaNiqra by Carmela71
Kefar Rosh HaNiqra Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 108 photos
It is a tourist site, at the border with Lebanon of a rare beauty.
You can go down with the cablecar to visit the grottos, see a film about the history of the place.
Before, in the past, the only access to them was from the sea, so only very experienced divers could visit this area.
It became accessible to public in 1968, when, a tunnel was excavated to the grottoes, just above the sea surface.
It is 400 meters long and took two years to complete.
After the visit, go down to any of the beaches around, It is a rocky one, but you can relax looking to the sea and enjoy... more travel advice
The Rosh Hanikra landscape is unique in Israel. The total length of the grotto is around 200 meters. more travel advice
Carmela71's Related Pages
Kefar Rosh HaNiqra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rosh Ha'nikra"
- "Magical grottos and tunnels."
- "Day 1 Excursion to the North"
- "The caves in Rosh HaNikra"
- "ROSH HANIKRA"
- "Rosh Ha'Niqra"
- "~Rosh Hanikra~"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kefar Rosh HaNiqra
- Transportation in Kefar Rosh HaNiqra
- Warnings and Dangers in Kefar Rosh HaNiqra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kefar Rosh HaNiqra
- 7 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Kefar Rosh HaNiqra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kefar Rosh HaNiqra
Photos in Kefar Rosh HaNiqraSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 137 reviews, 133 photos, 7 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 110 reviews, 106 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 76 reviews, 118 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 90 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 78 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 84 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 74 reviews, 97 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 86 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almería Intro, 59 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 56 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues