"Jerusalem "The Holly land"" Jerusalem by Carmela71
Jerusalem Travel Guide: 1,882 reviews and 5,396 photos
Jerusalem is the capital of the State of Israel.
But Jerusalem is more than that, for the Jews, Jerusalem has always been "The Holy City". And also Christians and Muslims has reverenced this city for centuries.
It is easy to understand why Jerusalem has such an important impact, both locally and internationally.
Some of the most famous places to visit are:
Dome of the Rock at the Temple Mount, the third holiest Muslim site.
Western Wall the most sacred Jewish site in the world.
The holiest Christian site, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre where is supposed it took place here Jesus' s crucifixion, burial and resurrection.
Walking around the streets of the Old City you will not see any distinct separation between the four parts, you will only realise that you have past to the other sector as for the cultural, architectural, clothing?s difference.
The Old part of the city is divided in four quarters
- Cons:Not enough time never enough time.
- In a nutshell:Thinking in coming again ;-)
At Mea Shearim neighbour. it was nice to see the first people smiling, after driving over this ultra orthodox Jewish... more travel advice
This is a Holy place of two religions: Muslims and Jews. It is one of the most important symbols of Jerusalem and one... more travel advice
Carmela71's Related Pages
Jerusalem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jerusalem–the Foundation Stone of three Religions"
- "The Spirit of Jerusalem"
- "Jerusalem: Monotheism's Controversial Capital"
- "Jerusalem - The capital of Israel"
- "The most special city in the world"
- "Martin_S.'s Jerusalem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jerusalem
- Hotels in Jerusalem
- Transportation in Jerusalem
- Nightlife in Jerusalem
- Restaurants in Jerusalem
- Shopping in Jerusalem
- Warnings and Dangers in Jerusalem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jerusalem
- 33 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Jerusalem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jerusalem
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marbella Intro, 137 reviews, 133 photos, 7 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 110 reviews, 106 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 76 reviews, 118 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía Intro, 90 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 78 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 84 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 74 reviews, 97 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 86 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almería Intro, 59 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 56 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues