"Its a beautiful day Dont let it go away " Carmela71's Profile

2007 Busy year!!!

First of all, please accept my apologises to those I had not been able to answer emails, last weeks and the next ones, will be very busy, please patiente with me! ;-) Hope I can catch up soon!

2007 has been a busy year for both, not much travelling (saving money for Greece Euromeet 2006) and time has fly.

This summer has been very intensive for both as Stace has spent most of the summer working in Malaga, seeing eachother only a day per week (well after five years seeing eachother daily it was a change LOL) and finally the wedding of my best friend since school, some of you know her from some meetings that they joined, Olga and Miguel (VT members but never logged after the first day!), they had just married in Alicante so we had to go two weekends. The first one was only for parents and brothers/sisters and that included me as we were/are like sisters: It was not a traditional wedding but very emotional after 10 years toguether, and guess who got the bouquet??? yes I am afraid I got it, She did not through it as she said she wanted to give it in private to someone .... and guess what happend! LOL yes, Stace run away in seconds hehehehe. On the second weekend we went for the friends party, they rented a catamaran to visit the Isla de Tabarca and on sunday we had our first experience in a "Moros y Cristianos" in santa Pola, so we had a great time.

We took this two weekends out as our annual anniversary trip, yes, time flyes, already 5 years toguether and still hopping that we stay toguether the rest of our lifes, for good and bad toguether, for big and small trips... He still makes laugh as the first day, he makes me feel like the queen of the world, at least his world and he is still the only one in my life (ok ok maybe after the bouquet i got a little more romantic that what you usually see me hehehehe). He still says ok, when i look a trip and say... shall we do it?, when i see a meeting and I check if we can make it or when I convince him to go shopping with some little "lies" hehehehe

The rest of the year due to work was quiet at home, Stacy even could not go to visit the family ....

2006

2006 was an strange year. We began with the London meeting in January and Waalwiner and Lori visiting us in Spain. One week at the end of March visiting the beautiful island of Tenerife followed by the preparations for the VT meeting in marbella and the VT meeting itself

June is always special for us as we (Stacy aka Beach_dog and me) first meet in a Vt meeting in London on June 2002, so even if we were only friends for a while.... we wonder... WHY WE WENT to that meeting ;-)? LOL Just kidding, London meeting 2002 was special and unique, not only because I meet Stace in person, also the rest of great friends that I found here on VT (Good times at Chat room !!)

July was special for me, I normally hate weddings (even for myself LOL) but this one was very special. Nuria , my friend since nursery times, married in Castro Urdiales, Cantabria, a Scottish. She is one of that friends for the good and the bad, for the laughs and the cries … and I never though I would cry in a wedding, but I did it. The wedding was beautiful with a piper from Edinburgh, all the men wearing kilts… we were the attraction at town!

In August we spent nearly a week at our family place in Burgos and some of our friends (many of you know them, Olga, Miguel and Sandra) joined us. We traveled around and Sandra & Stacy enjoyed their first “encierros” (running of the bulls) !

December, we went back to UK to visit the family and friends. I meet finally the whole Bamon family and my mum came with us for a week to meet them, so it was very exciting. We spent some time in Barry, next to Cardiff, meet some VT friends and joined all Stacy´s friends parties. Then we drove to Norwich to meet Alicia the baby of one of my best friends, and we finished in Lincoln to meet all Bamons. Back to Wales, we drived north wales to see again Stacy´s sister. Christmas day at UK and back to Marbella for New Years eve.

Since them we have not stop working and very busy so we did not have much time online. No trips, even not much time to plan Euromeet2007 Greece.

;-)

2006/5 trips & VT meetings

Last years had been full of great meetings with great friends, so lets hope for another 6 years of VT meetings :-))))))

December 2006 UK, Visit Cardiff, Norwich, Lincoln & Middle Wales
Augoust 06 August we went nearly a week to our family place in Burgos, some of our friends (many of you know them, Olga, Miguel and Sandra) joined us. We traveled around and Sandra & Stacy enjoyed their first “encierros” (running of the bulls) !
July 06 North spain, Castro Urdiales for a wedding and enjoy the company of old friends. After that we toured around North Spain, with no reservations done and no plans, just deciding where to go next in the moment we jumped on the car, and incredible experience: Cantabria coast, Picos de Europa, Covadonga, leon, Astorga, Las medulas, Lugo, la Coruña, Finisterre, Noia, Villagarcia de Arosa, Isla de Arosa, Cambados and them drive down all Portugal stopping in Lisboa.
June 06 busy June, first the Marbella Festival, also due to family reasons we had to go for a long weekend to La Manga del Mar Menor in Murcia, where we enjoyed the beach and the sun, following weekend we went to Zahara de los Atunes in Cadiz for more sun in another last minute decision.
May 5-7 Euromeeting 2006 Marbella
March 06 Finally after many trips cancelled due to work and others, we have a week of to discover an island srill not known by both
Tenerife, we spent a full week of natural parks and relax, well deserved!
March 06: Meeting our friend Eva aka diageva in fuengirola after nearly one year!
January 06: London Meeting 21st January (flights and hotel already done) Also meeting Hans and Lori at home, Malaga, Marbella, Antequera, always a pleasure to meet our good good friends.

2005

Dec 2005Cardiff Visiting family meeting on the 2nd Dec in Cardiff with lambchop, aaaarrgh and M0B1US New Year eve in Tangier with a group of friends
Oct 05, first weekend in Granada to meet an old friend since we were toddlers, next weekend Madrid on the 14-16 to close my friend?s exposition at Las Ventas and meet the family tll the 20th
Sept 05: We enjoyed our annual meeting in Nerja to celebrate DjPlax?s birthday, a weekend at the family place in burgos with the new car, also at the end of the month we will go to our Annual birthday party Weekend but this time instead of Paris, it will be in Barcelona
August 05: A long weekend trip to Morocco and malaga festival in August
June 05: A short break in Ibiza for aour annual visit, this time with incredible views of Caf? del Mar sunset from our apartment and Space opening party. We ended the month with a quick visit to Sevilla to see Carlinhos Brown Carnival
May: It was the month of the great 1st European VT meeting in Italy, a great adventure nearly a hundred of crazy Vters, some we already knew, others we have talked for a while.

2004 trips & VT meetings

November 04/03 Paris meeting Repeting experience with Rochelle, janet and the rest :-) We also meet with eva, Diageva for the Feria de Muestras in Marbella
October 04 Meeting in Algarve with our friends Geoff and Mary
Summer 04 Joining the 2nd Annual VT meeting in Manhattan Beach, dorve along Sunset Boulevard with Hansi, Lori and Sharon and also meeting G_G in San Francisco ... We travelling aorund California and Las Vegas for 3 weeks
16th July 04 , Fuengirola. All began with an email the same day saying... Do you have plans tonight? LOL We had a great time on friday night and Saturday with Eva and Joaquin in Fuemgirola and Bolonia.
Early July 04 Malaga Pginer came for a quick visit to Malaga and we meet her at the airport and visited Gibralfaro with her. Just a short one ... but with great company. Hope next time you stay longer Pilar.
11 March 2004, 4pm Cardiff M0B1US lamb_chop, CarolynShort , siggyincardiff ...... Gwilym though it would be a great chance to organise a VT meeting in Cardiff while we were there, thanks Gwilym!
February 2004, Several meetings with Waalewainer (Hans and Lori) and also Eva, we visited toguether Granada, Frigiliana, torrox Costa and Marbella.
31st January 2004, We meet finally Eva (aka Diageva) my neighbour from Fuengirola, after lots of emails and talking on VT.

For more meetings check my travelogues at Sierra Blanca page

• Intro Updated Nov 2, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Carmela71's Profile Photo

Carmela71

“Life is full of surprises Never say never”

Real Name