Moscow Off The Beaten Path Tips by swesn
Moscow Off The Beaten Path: 334 reviews and 528 photos
Stalin, heads behind represent purged victims
This moderate-sized park is called Park Skulptur in Russian and has a collection of Soviet statues that were toppled after 1991. Here, the statues and heads are resting in peace.
In additiona, there are many modern sculptures and several artists can be spotted creating their works.
Wonderful way to spend a late afternoon or early evening. After walking around admiring the historic sculptures and appreciating the humour of the modern ones, you can lie on the grass under the many shady trees to read or sleep.
One of Stalin's Seven Sisters Buildings
Stalin apparently ordered the designs of seven tiered Neoclassical buildings all around Moscow. They are all of similar designs.
Have fun spotting them! Personally, while they are touted as UGLY in many guidebooks, I think the buildings look really imposing and unique. I like them very much.
Typical and very lovely onions of Moscow
There are numerous gorgeous onion-domed Russian Orthodox Churches scattered all over Moscow. They are so beautiful... I really love tracking them down and studying the architecture.
Take your time to walk the streets of Moscow to spot them.
More Reviews (12)
swesn's Related Pages
Moscow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Moscow..."
- "Memories of Moscow"
- "Mother Russia"
- "Moscow is my Universe"
- "Marvellous Moscow"
- "Moscow - Thrilling capital of Russia"
- "MOSCOW !!! MOCKBA !!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moscow
- Hotels in Moscow
- Transportation in Moscow
- Nightlife in Moscow
- Restaurants in Moscow
- Shopping in Moscow
- Warnings and Dangers in Moscow
- See All...
Explore the World
- Giv`at Olga
- Antigua Guatemala
- Stepaside Hotels
- Faial Hotels
- Lotofaga Hotels
- Faroe Islands Hotels
- Tagaytay Off The Beaten Path
- Santa Fe Off The Beaten Path
- Nice Off The Beaten Path
- Natchez Off The Beaten Path
- Singapore Off The Beaten Path
- Kyoto Off The Beaten Path
- Udine Off The Beaten Path
- Lace making
- Santa Monica Off The Beaten Path
- Kennebunkport Off The Beaten Path
- Palm Springs Off The Beaten Path
- Moscow Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Moscow
- 15 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Moscow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moscow
Photos in MoscowSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Argentina Intro, 109 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 70 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brazil Intro, 92 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 12 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 52 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chile Intro, 49 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cuba Intro, 52 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Russia Intro, 44 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (23)
Latest Moscow hotel reviews
- Savoy Moscow Hotel
- 181 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 3, 2013
- Courtyard By Marriott Moscow City Center
- 169 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Le Royal Meridian National Hotel
- 339 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Golden Ring
- 104 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Marco Polo Presnja Hotel
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 27, 2013
- Novotel Moscow Sheremetyevo
- 148 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Izmailovo Complex Gamma-Delta Moscow
- 187 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- Sherston Hotel
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 30, 2013
- Holiday Inn Moscow-Lesnaya
- 165 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Center
- 294 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Suharevka Bed and Breakfast
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 31, 2013
- Maxima Irbis
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Home from Home Hostel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2012
- Salyut Hotel Moscow
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Kremlin- 229 Reviews, 381 Photos
- Red Square- 121 Reviews, 194 Photos
- KGB Headquarters Lubyanka- 29 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Red Square - Saint Basil Cathedral- 64 Reviews, 130 Photos
- Tverskaya Street- 34 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Bolshoi Theatre- 42 Reviews, 48 Photos
- Red Square - G.U.M. - Gosudarstevemy Universahy Magazin- 34 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Arbat Street- 39 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Vorobievy Hills- 41 Reviews, 46 Photos
- Red Square - Lenin Mausoleum- 40 Reviews, 58 Photos
See All Moscow Things to Do