Medellín Restaurant Tips by swesn
Medellín Restaurants: 17 reviews and 11 photos
Carlos Gardel, the famous Argentine tango singer, died in a plane crash here in Medellin.
As a result, somehow, as fans mourned his death, tango music took off here, making Medellin a mini-Buenos Aires.
Salon Malaga is an absolutely delightful find. It is lined with jukeboxes and pictures of faded artistes and musicians. The tables and chairs are all old-style. Locals gather here for drinks and the nostalgic melodies of oldies and tangos.
I highly recommend visiting it.
Directions: Get off at San Antonio metro station. Walk south along Carrera 51 for just about half a block.
swesn's Related Pages
Medellín Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medellín - capital of Antioquia"
- "A well run city"
- "City Of Eternal Spring"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Medellín
- Hotels in Medellín
- Transportation in Medellín
- Nightlife in Medellín
- Restaurants in Medellín
- Shopping in Medellín
- Warnings and Dangers in Medellín
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Medellín
- 12 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Medellín?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Medellín
Top 10 Pages
- Argentina Intro, 109 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 70 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brazil Intro, 92 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 12 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 52 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chile Intro, 49 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cuba Intro, 52 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Russia Intro, 44 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues