Mendoza Off The Beaten Path Tips by swesn
Mendoza Off The Beaten Path: 21 reviews and 31 photos
Aconcagua - highest in the Americas
Aconcagua is the highest mountain in the whole of America. While not many of us is able to scale it, it is just a short hike away from Puente del Inca to VIEW it.
Walk towards the Chilean border. After a bridge, you will see a foot-path heading right. Sooner or later, you will come across Lago de los Horcones, a multi-coloured lake with a wonderful view of Aconcagua in the distance.
Natural mineral pool outside the Puente del Inca
The natural bridge formed by sulphur hot springs, somehow solidified, is really interesting. It crosses Rio Mendoza at a height of 19m. It is 21m long and 27m wide. It is located at 2700m amongst the Andes, between the Chilean-Argentinian border and Mendoza.
A hotel had built thermal baths under the bridge. Decades ago, an earthquake or avanlanche destroyed the hotel and the baths now remained somewhat in ruins. Still, it is a great place to soak your feet or your entire body.
Better to wait for the day tourists to leave. Stay the night and head out to the thermal pool above the bridge and contemplate the Milky Way.
You have to be mentally strong to strip down to your swim-suit before you enter the natural jacuzzi. You have to be even MORE mentally strong to get out of the pool.
More Reviews (6)
swesn's Related Pages
Mendoza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mendoza - county of good wine and sun :-)"
- "Land of Sun, good wine and more"
- "Mendoza - A City of Trees"
- "Lovely Mendoza days"
- "An oasis in the middle of the desert"
- "5 lovely days!"
- "Montañas, vino y rosas (Mountains, wine & roses)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mendoza
- Hotels in Mendoza
- Transportation in Mendoza
- Nightlife in Mendoza
- Restaurants in Mendoza
- Shopping in Mendoza
- Warnings and Dangers in Mendoza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mendoza
- 8 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Mendoza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mendoza
Photos in MendozaSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Argentina Intro, 109 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 70 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brazil Intro, 92 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 12 reviews, 84 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 52 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chile Intro, 49 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cuba Intro, 52 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Russia Intro, 44 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (23)
- Wine Tour- 16 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Parque San Martin- 8 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Plaza Independencia- 7 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Andes- 10 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Plaza Espana- 5 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Villavicencio- 4 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Cerro de la Gloria- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Ruinas de San Francisco- 3 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Museo de Arte moderno - Modern Arts Museum- 2 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Puente del Inca- 2 Reviews, 3 Photos
See All Mendoza Things to Do