"Versailles" Versailles by vivimero
Versailles Travel Guide: 657 reviews and 2,428 photos
VERSAILLES, palais and jardins (if you have the museums card …note that the jardins, that are the main thing to see, surely worth the 3 € you spend, are not included. You can just see the palace. Then we walked all around the gardens and along Le Grand Canal and arrived to the Trianon.
The Trianon is a pink marble palace, all built in one floor, pretty and really nice that was built by the KING to maintain his mistress and where he could walk easily from the palace to go to visit her. Paolo and I liked it more than Versailles itself. And here we had a quarrel. We wanted to take the small train that drives you from the end of the Gardens back to the entrance of the palace. I know, as I had been to several small trains in France that tickets are sold by the driver. I seated inside and waited for the man to come. He asked me if I had the tickets and I said no…he said to come OFF! He didn’t sell them to me. I was so angry as he acted like I was trying to run the train for free. I wanted to buy the tickets and I thing even a person not able to understand a word can understand that. He kept showing me that the train costed 2 € and didn’t make a move at all to sell them to me. I was so upset and I started to say in english that I simply wanted to buy them.
BUY is probably a verb that even in the middle of the desert can understand. I know ACHAT but I speak in french they act like I speak arabic and try not to understand. I really hate french sometimes. The river of train YES. Unless ..probably his QI was not too high and…well, has to be below zero not to understand.
Finally a woman that understood english told him in french that we wanted billetts and he gave them to us – he was selling them alright – but still acting if I was wrong. The ***. And dumb.
We had lunch in a place called PETIT VENISE that was really nice. Not touristic…not too lightened…it seemed closed from the outside but it was nice , modern but classical in the interiors..(an old stable).
Back to Paris, we walked to the Madeleine (I hate that ugly building) and went to Fauchon to buy the tea – and now Paolo cannot drink it anymore because in a book at WHSmith he had found that for his blood type the tea is pioson .
It’s expensive there.
More than Fortnum and Mason.
vivimero's Related Pages
Versailles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grandeur Beyound Words"
- "ON THE STEPS OF MARIE-ANTOINETTE."
- "Moscow - Versailles"
- "When Kings lived in Versailles"
- "The Chateau de Versailles"
- "I can see why they chopped off their heads!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Versailles
- Hotels in Versailles
- Transportation in Versailles
- Nightlife in Versailles
- Restaurants in Versailles
- Shopping in Versailles
- Warnings and Dangers in Versailles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Versailles
- 12 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Versailles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Versailles
Photos in VersaillesSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 45 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 36 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Capri Intro, 8 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 10 reviews, 52 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Russia Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Versailles Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lenno Intro, 5 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (31)
Latest Versailles hotel reviews
- Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
- 544 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Pullman Versailles Chateau Paris
- 146 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Ibis Paris Versailles Chateau
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Le Cheval Rouge
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013