"Kisumu" Kisumu by Mykke
Kisumu Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 31 photos
Kisumu is Kenyas third city after Nairobi and Mombassa. It is situated in the west of the country on Lake Victoria, and was founded/developed as a rail terminus for British military reasons (i.e. the transportation of troops to check German activity in Uganda in the 19th Century). I use it as a base to explore the Nyanza Distict, where the child that my wife sponsors lives.
- Pros:Quieter than Nairobi, less troublesome than Mombassa, All amenities available and the people are nicer!
- Cons:Underfunded, underdeveloped, politically excluded, massive AIDS problem.
- In a nutshell:My favourite city in Kenya.
Mykke's Related Pages
Kisumu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home village -Rural"
- "Kavirondo - Port Florence - Kisumu"
- "Kisumu just for passing through"
- "Sooper Guesthouse Kisumu. 2010"
- ""The Vic Hotel" Lovely Modern Hotel in Kisumu"
- "The Lakeside City"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kisumu
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Kisumu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kisumu
Top 5 Pages
- Kenya Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Canary Islands Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Germany Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos