"To Wilderswil and beyond!" Wilderswil by Steve-H
Wilderswil Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 8 photos
From our hotel in Interlaken it was about a 1km walk to the pretty little town of Wilderswil where we caught all our trains to various places in the alps. From here we went to the mighty Jungfraujoch and for days out (shopping) in Grindelwald.
Apart from the handy supermarket across the road and the very helpfull railway staff all we really saw was the station.
These old carriages are still in use today, they are kept in running order by a dedicated staff who appreciate that these narrow guage trains are the best way to get up and down the mountainsides. Despite their age they are so much nicer than the crappy rolling stock we have to endure in the UK, clean and ruthlessly efficient, they arrive on time to ferry thousands of tourists around the mountains every year. I'm not a big train fan but the Swiss railway experience is one i would reccommend.
- Pros:Effective & efficient train service.
- Cons:We didn't get to see much of the town.
- In a nutshell:Small, pretty and clean, Wilderswil & the trains.
Steve-H's Related Pages
Wilderswil Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Wilderswil
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Wilderswil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wilderswil
Photos in WilderswilSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maidstone Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Ibiza Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 29 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos
- Jamaica Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos
- Rhyndaston Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Ébéon Intro, 27 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Airlie Beach Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guernsey Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos