"A country break, south of Cologne." Merten by Steve-H
Merten Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 9 photos
Cologne is a charming place but in August 2008 I had a prior engagement a little further south in Merten, the wedding reception of my friends Sven & Laure.
The venue was ideal, a hotel, restaurant and function room, a farm and a country break all in one. The number 18 train from Cologne to Bonn whisked me to the station in Merten, from there I could see the hotel, one side of the tracks is the village and the other is countryside and I was heading into the countryside - for a very short walk.
Note, a few months later in early 2009 I was in the Bornheim district and drove past the guesthouse in my own car for a change, fond memories of a fantastic evening. A few hours later I parked the car in a ditch - ah well.
- Pros:Small & friendly.
- Cons:Too small, too friendly - as my hangover testified.
- In a nutshell:A fantastic break just minutes from Cologne.
Get the No18 train from Cologne to Bonn and get off at Merten, easy. It costs 3 euros and 40 cents, about £2.80. more travel advice
Steve-H's Related Pages
Merten Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Almeda Plaza Hotels
- Departamento de Arequipa Hotels
- Pissouri Hotels
- North Massapequa Hotels
- Harrison Bay State Park Hotels
- Nisos Kimolos Hotels
- Trece Martires City
- La Morra
- Shelter Cove
Badges & Stats in Merten
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Merten?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Merten
Photos in MertenSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maidstone Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Ibiza Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 29 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos
- Jamaica Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos
- Rhyndaston Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Ébéon Intro, 27 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Airlie Beach Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guernsey Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos