Glastonbury Things to Do Tips by Steve-H
Glastonbury Things to Do: 59 reviews and 115 photos
The plaque explaining the history of the Tor.
....is on this plaque, unfortunately you need to climb up there to read it (& I hope the picture has enough detail for you to be able to read it).
In the summer it's a nice walk, in the winter it can be hard work. Take a look at the next picture, it shows how steep the path gets st the top, add some wind and rain and it can be a miserable but rewarding slog.
Directions: It's Glastonbury Tor!!!...you can see it from miles away, you'de have to be blind to miss it.
Jacqui enjoying the peace.
In the summer months Glastonbury can get quite busy and for a small town this means congestion but in the early spring months you can almost have it all to yourselves. Here we are walking up the lanes towards the Tor, no hoardes of tourists or cars to bother us, we had the whole place to ourselves. It was well worth the effort to get pictures such as this and to enjoy the ancient Tor as it must have once been, quiet and alone with nature.
Glastonbury under snow.
One of the best ways to appreciate Glastonbury is from the top of the Tor, a high hill of mythical and magical significance that along with the ruined abbey and the festival is one of the major attractions. There is an ancient and winding route winding up the Tor, rarely walked, it is mainly used for ceremonial purposes. These pictures were taken on my very first visit to the Tor some years ago and as you can see the weather wasn't at it's best. During a lucky break in the blizzard i managed to get this picture of the town.
More Reviews (4)
Steve-H's Related Pages
Glastonbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GLASTONBURY - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!"
- "The Mystical Isle of Avalon"
- "Glastonbury - not just for hippies"
- "Glastonbury - Tranquility at it's finest!"
- "Glastonbury Festival"
- "England's mountains green"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glastonbury
- Hotels in Glastonbury
- Transportation in Glastonbury
- Nightlife in Glastonbury
- Restaurants in Glastonbury
- Shopping in Glastonbury
- Warnings and Dangers in Glastonbury
- See All...
Explore the World
- Santorini Island
- New York State
- Naga City
- Kiambu Hotels
- Santorini Island Hotels
- Lancaster Hotels
- Pulau Lobam Hotels
Badges & Stats in Glastonbury
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Glastonbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glastonbury
Photos in GlastonburySee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maidstone Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Ibiza Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 29 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos
- Jamaica Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos
- Rhyndaston Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Ébéon Intro, 27 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Airlie Beach Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guernsey Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos