"Cape Otway & The Great Ocean Road" Cape Otway by Steve-H
Cape Otway Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 45 photos
About half way along the Great Ocean Road we reached Cape Otway and the Otway National Park, the lush rain forest made a great change from the miles of twisting roads and the endless beaches, there were Crimson Rosellas flitting from tree to tree (but you had to be quick to see them) gum trees of all shapes and sizes and lots of lookout points on the cliff tops. It was on our way back inland from one of these that we saw our first Koala Bear nestled in the branches of a tree, closely followed by another just sitting in the road. This surfiet of natures wonders still didn`t deter me from taking to the beach though.
The fantastic drive from Melbourne to Warrnambool is punctuated with views like this, the 12 Apostles are one of Australias most famous landmarks and it`s easy to see why this is also known as the shipwreck coast.
- Pros:Great views, great driving and many of natures wonders.
- Cons:In peak season it can get horribly congested up here.
- In a nutshell:One of the best & most relaxing parts of our journey.
If you stray off into the forest, and i can`t reccomend it as there are all sorts of nasties out there, then you may be... more travel advice
Steve-H's Related Pages
Cape Otway Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweetberry's Cape Otways Page."
- "Visiting the Great White Lady of the GOR"
- "Maits Rest Rainforest Boardwalk in Otway Nat Pk"
- "Cape Otway"
- "Cape Otway & The Great Ocean Road"
- "The Southernmost Point I Have Ever Visited"
- "Cape Otway"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cape Otway
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Cape Otway?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Otway
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maidstone Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Ibiza Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 29 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos
- Jamaica Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos
- Rhyndaston Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Ébéon Intro, 27 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Airlie Beach Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guernsey Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos