"Sorrento, by sea by land." Sorrento by Steve-H
Sorrento Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 38 photos
There are two ways to get to the Great Ocean Road from Melbourne, drive west to Geelong and down to Torquay or head south down the Napean Highway on the Mornington Peninsula and catch the ferry from Sorrento to Queenscliffe, we took the ferry. Sorrento is a small town that unfortuanately gets missed by the vast majority of tourists as they head for the ferry. The highway hugs the coast all the way and is very scenic. With the radio on and the sun shining we finally felt as though we were on our way. The loading of the ferry took minutes, it was clean and we paid the lesser rate for the crossing, in a few more weeks the summer season would see a price rise, it was worth it for the views of Port Phillip Bay, Melbourne was just visible on the horizon.
- Pros:The scenic costal route
- Cons:Nobody stops here, they are all heading for the ferry.
- In a nutshell:Much better that the inland route.
Steve-H's Related Pages
Sorrento Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sweetberry's Sorrento Page."
- "Sorrento, by sea by land."
- "One of the neatest places along the bay"
- "Seaside jewel two hours from Melbourne"
- "A new friend....:)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sorrento
- Transportation in Sorrento
- Nightlife in Sorrento
- Restaurants in Sorrento
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sorrento
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Sorrento?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sorrento
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maidstone Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Ibiza Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 29 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos
- Jamaica Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos
- Rhyndaston Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Ébéon Intro, 27 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Airlie Beach Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guernsey Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos