"A WHITSUNDAY WEDDING." Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands by Steve-H
Whitsunday Islands Travel Guide: 146 reviews and 307 photos
On the 24th March 2003 we were married on Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island. A simple ceremony in perfect surroundings. Our good friend Amanda acted as best man, bridesmaid, ringbearer etc and the ceremoney was performed by Ivan Conway the Whitsundays Celebrant (unlike England where a licensed venue is required, in Australia a Celebrant can marry you wherever you please) take a peek at his site, Whitsunday Weddings. If you are looking to get married in the sun and fancy something different then i can highly recommend the Whitsundays as the perfect place to do it.
Whitehaven Beach is 99% silica and is cool even under the hot tropical sun, it is one of only 7 beaches of this type in the world.
The photos we took look amazing and they certainly impressed the folks back in dreary London but the best part was the price, with the average cost of a UK wedding now hovering around £20,000 we struggled to spend £1000 and that included the wedding and accommodation for the whole holiday. Since then the pound has taken a severe battering but it still remains a viable option for those seeking a holiday and a wedding ceremony in one trip.
- Pros:Paradise, perfect beaches, blue seas.
- Cons:The sun can be fierce, take a good waterproof sunscreen.
- In a nutshell:Remember it`s a reserve so there are few facilities.
It's obvious why we are smiling but Whitehaven Beach will bring a grin to the face of anyone, cool white sand, clear... more travel advice
- See All Go there it`s beautiful.
- See All Don`t forget there is no mains power.
- See All Slip, Slap, Slop!
- See All Sailing with friends.
- See All Beautiful beaches, deep blue waters.
Steve-H's Related Pages
Whitsunday Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sailing the Whitsundays..."
- "A WHITSUNDAY WEDDING."
- "Home of the World's Most Beautiful Beach"
- "Set Sail in the Sundays!"
- "The Whitsunday Islands"
- "Whitsunday Islands - Long Island"
- "Really for Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whitsunday Islands
- Hotels in Whitsunday Islands
- Transportation in Whitsunday Islands
- Nightlife in Whitsunday Islands
- Restaurants in Whitsunday Islands
- Shopping in Whitsunday Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Whitsunday Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whitsunday Islands
- 34 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Whitsunday Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whitsunday Islands
Photos in Whitsunday IslandsSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maidstone Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Ibiza Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 29 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos
- Jamaica Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos
- Rhyndaston Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Ébéon Intro, 27 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Airlie Beach Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guernsey Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos