"A good reason to visit Bruhl" Brühl by Steve-H
Brühl Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 62 photos
Here's the reason I went to Bruhl, don't they look great? The flags make it look like an official picture, President Sven & his First Lady.
Bruhl was great, very small and friendly and only 20 minutes south of Cologne. I tried two different hotels because the first one was too far from the happy couples' house and that's where all the fun was happening.
My next visit was for the Sylvester celebrations (New Year) to usher in 2009 with my friends. Germans do new year celebrations really well & you are guarateed a good time and plenty of fireworks.
Bruhl is this kind of place, surrounded by countryside and agriculture it has its roots in farming but it also has a more modern side to it, there is every convenience but it still retains a lot of it's charm. You can find peace and quiet here too. On Sunday it was a pleasure to sit outside the local ice-cream bar (very, very cheap & tasty) and watch the world go by, there were lots of Sunday bikers and a few buses that head just outside town to the Phantasialand, a theme park full of scary rides etc. I get the impression that Bruhl isn't in too much of a hurry, the pace of life here is far more agreeable than in London.
The fireworks were amazing, everyone lets them off, no organised displayes here! They lasted for almost an hour with lots of pops & bangs well after that. All around you the sky is lit up and the germans are having fun, everyone joins in and the noise is incredible. This celebration is going in my 'Things to see before you get too old' list. This is the public letting rip! much better than any organised event, London & Sydney might make the news with their displays every year but this is far better, it goes on for miles and miles.
- Pros:Not too far from Cologne (or Bonn)
- Cons:Don't expect the heel-clicking efficiency of the city
- In a nutshell:A gem of a town, quiet and untroubled.
Just out side of Bruhl is Phantasialand, a huge theme park that's well worth a visit in the summer, just opposite is... more travel advice
Perhaps it is the close proximity of Phantasialand, the theme park but for a small town Bruhl seems to have a lot of... more travel advice
Steve-H's Related Pages
Brühl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fantastic Phantasia land"
- "Palaces of Bruhl"
- "Arriving late at night..."
- "A good reason to visit Bruhl"
- "Brühl - more than Phantasialand!"
- "The wonderful Schloss Augustusburg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brühl
- Hotels in Brühl
- Transportation in Brühl
- Restaurants in Brühl
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brühl
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Brühl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brühl
Photos in BrühlSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maidstone Intro, 44 reviews, 45 photos
- Ibiza Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 29 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Whitsunday Islands Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos
- Jamaica Intro, 29 reviews, 34 photos
- Rhyndaston Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Ébéon Intro, 27 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Airlie Beach Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guernsey Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos