"If you want to live twice, keep a journal ..." SilverVelvet's Profile
How does a city become an urban ruin? One house at a time. Visit the travelogues at my Detroit page to discover secrets that even many locals don't know. Visit the Farmer's Market which has been a Saturday tradition since 1891, discover an infamous haunted hotel, the old Corktown (Irish) neighborhood, a terrific off-the-beaten-path restuarant where only Spanish is spoken, famous Detroiters and much more.
Could Marie Antoinette have saved her head if only her husband had taken a royal mistress? Did Louis XIV really need 100 people to wake him in the morning? Discover secrets of Versaille, a floral photo feast at Monet's Garden in Giverney, historical graves at Pere Lachaise and lots of off-the-beaten path ideas in the Paris travelogues.
Looking for a gem of an off-the-beaten-path page? With nearly 150 preserved homes and monuments, Marshall, Michigan is one of the best preserved small Victorian towns in the US. Visit the travelogues to discover their annual home and garden tours filled with lots of beautiful photos.
I was fresh from the train in Mainz, Germany, and couldn't believe the poster. One of my favorite rock stars was about to be in town. But would I meet him? Visit the travelogues for Mainz.
The guidebook didn't mention that the art gallery was a graffiti-covered wall across the street from the National Museum in Athens or that a camera crew would be filming as I walked down the street. But this was only the beginning of an adventure in Greece. Discover some of the best sunsets in the world, the man who forgot to zip his pants, the pony at the ATM machine and much more in my travelogues.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Jun 16, 2005
Par(is)dise - This Life in Paris
Written Jun 16, 2005
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 178 Reviews
- 474 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- SilverVelvet and eden_teuling are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Salsa dancing in Puerto Rico?"
- updated a Detroit Travel Page "The Lost City of Detroit"
- Wrote a Review The Inn at 97 Winder in Detroit Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Inn at 97 Winder"
updated their Profile Page "If you want to live twice, keep a journal ..."
- Commented on one of Klod5's Toulouse travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Detroit Intro, 29 reviews, 145 photos, 15 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 42 reviews, 81 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 27 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Marshall Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ann Arbor Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 4 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mainz Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos, 2 travelogues