"Attard, My Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Attard by Xemx
Attard Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 45 photos
I have been happily living in Attard for over twenty years. Although I enjoy being in lively areas, such as Sliema and St Julians, it is Attard that I find peace after a busy day at work. I love its centre which has lots of tiny alleys and beautiful old houses. Just a short walk away from my home, there are also the San Anton Gardens and San Anton Palace which is the residence of the President of Malta.
Together with Lija and Balzan, Attard forms part of The Three Villages. In the olden days, Attard was popular for its gardens and orchards. Nowdays, it is mainly a residential area with its own parish church, a few restaurants, supermarkets, confectionery shops, etc. Attard lies on the main road between Rabat and Valletta. Although not sort after by tourists, if one has extra time, a short visit will be well worthwhile.
- Pros:Central, quiet, lovely residential area
- Cons:Might be a bit too quiet for some (not for me though!)
- In a nutshell:A small village with lots of character
Apart from the tables and chairs, I do like the interior of Saracino's coffee shop which has lots of character. During... more travel advice
If you're in Attard for a visit and feel like a snack or something sweet and a good cup of coffee, stop by at the Santa... more travel advice
Xemx's Related Pages
Attard Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Attard, Lija and Balzan"
- "Attard, My Home"
- "Attard - One Of "The Three Villages""
- "The Village of Attard"
- "VT Meeting in Attard on 24 August 2007"
- "San Anton Gardens"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Attard
- Hotels in Attard
- Nightlife in Attard
- Restaurants in Attard
- Shopping in Attard
- Warnings and Dangers in Attard
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Attard
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Attard?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Attard
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 19 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Perth Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Fremantle Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Attard Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vittoriosa 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cospicua 1 review, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bugibba 7 photos, 1 travelogue