"Merhba! Welcome!" Xemx's Profile

From Oz to Malta!
My Adopted Home

I am originally from Melbourne, Australia, but I have lived in Malta for many years. I first started travelling in 1953 (not through my own choice :-) when I was only a few months old. My first trip was from Melbourne to Malta. After a few months I made the trip back home again, this time remaining in Melbourne until my parents' final move in 1966. We boarded the Achille Lauro and sailed for 21 days stopping at Fremantle, Singapore and passing through the Suez Canal before we arrived in Malta. For more info. about the Achille Lauro and other classic liners, please visit Reuben Goosens' great website www.ssmaritime.com.

I have returned to Australia six times since then. I'm pretty much settled here now and I really love Malta. My VT ID is Xemx which I chose because it means Sun in Maltese and because it also reminds me of the beautiful sunny island of Malta and its people.

Sliema

The aerial photo I have chosen is of Sliema which is one of the loveliest towns of Malta and also where I work :-) Sliema is a great place for shopping, swimming, a stroll along the promenade, or even amongst the streets which still have some lovely old houses.

I hope to build up my travel pages slowly. Please feel free to contact me should you require any information about Malta. In the meantime, here are a few links:

Search Malta
Visit Malta
Holiday-Malta

Dedication

I would like to dedicate my travel pages to my good friend, Paul Michals of Denver, Colorado. He inspired me to travel on my own and to make my travel dreams come true.

Paul was a computer consultant and an archaeologist. He travelled extensively around the world and attended several Expos and Olympic Games.

In May 2000 he went to Crete to help set up computer systems and aerial infrared photograph of underground ruins. Unfortunately Paul vanished on 26th July 2000 during/after a visit to the Samaria Gorge in Crete.

His mother still awaits his return and she asked me to help her. I have not been successful in my other attempts, so putting his photo on VT and this dedication is just another way which I thought might help. Should anyone see this man please contact me. Read more about Paul here.

• Intro Updated Nov 18, 2008

Dec 23, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Dear Anne, wishing you a wonderful holiday season and a happy and healthy new year! :-)

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Same to you aunt, have a super duper Christmas and a very happy New year!

May 11, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Good evening!!! How are things there?

Mar 26, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Happy Easter, Anne! What's up and how are you doing? I hope you're fine and everything is ok. Any travel plans for Easter? We wanted to take some day trips in the area, but the weather is awful, just like in mid-winter. Today it's even snowing a little...!! I'm desperately waiting for spring. I'll bet it's nice in Malta :-) Take care!

Mar 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Happy Easter, Aunt Bertha! All quiet here. No travel plans yet. On Saturday I got sunburnt during a walk along the promenade...I think that answers any questions about the weather in Malta :-)

Mar 28, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Thanks for the Malta weather update. How lucky you are in Malta :-) I'm green with envy - and blue from the weather here ;-) Would you send some sun and a gentle spring breeze, pleeeeaaase? As soon as you can?? ;-)

• WXWXR's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2012 at 5:22 AM

Many thanks and a good 2013 to you!

Dec 24, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Have a merry Christmas and a very good 2013!!!!

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Hello Maurizio! That's very nice, I hope you enjoyed Trieste!

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I enjoyed a lot Trieste, but I ate too much pasta (noodles)!!!! Ciao!

• rosata's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Merry Christmas and Super 2013 to you!

Dec 25, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year, hope the weather has improved over there, it's lovely and sunny here!

• rosata's Profile Photo
      Dec 25, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Today we have more rain and gloom - last night on the BBC they promised us the wettest Christmas holiday for 100 years! Enjoy your lovely sunny day :-))

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Hi Niece Anne ;-) Have a wonderful Christmas and a totally happy and healthy new year! Auntie Bertha

Dec 24, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Happy Christmas aunty ;-) Have a great day and a wonderful New Year! Anne

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Thank you! I did...well, Christmas for now - 2013 is still on its way. I hope yours was pleasant, too. I sent you mail to your external e-mail address.

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Have a good week-end, Anne! I'll reply to your mail soon...I know it's been a while!! I hope you're doing well and are enjoying life in Malta.

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Hi Aunt Bertha! We are doing well, thanks, hope you are too! Will look forward to receiving your email :-)

Aug 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Hello! The "da Maurizio" place is not mine! It is on a beach in Sottomarina (IT).

ciao!

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Ciao Xemx!!! I hadn't seen you on line....it's time to have dinner for me.

Ciao!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!