"Merhba! Welcome!" Xemx's Profile
I am originally from Melbourne, Australia, but I have lived in Malta for many years. I first started travelling in 1953 (not through my own choice :-) when I was only a few months old. My first trip was from Melbourne to Malta. After a few months I made the trip back home again, this time remaining in Melbourne until my parents' final move in 1966. We boarded the Achille Lauro and sailed for 21 days stopping at Fremantle, Singapore and passing through the Suez Canal before we arrived in Malta. For more info. about the Achille Lauro and other classic liners, please visit Reuben Goosens' great website www.ssmaritime.com.
I have returned to Australia six times since then. I'm pretty much settled here now and I really love Malta. My VT ID is Xemx which I chose because it means Sun in Maltese and because it also reminds me of the beautiful sunny island of Malta and its people.
The aerial photo I have chosen is of Sliema which is one of the loveliest towns of Malta and also where I work :-) Sliema is a great place for shopping, swimming, a stroll along the promenade, or even amongst the streets which still have some lovely old houses.
I hope to build up my travel pages slowly. Please feel free to contact me should you require any information about Malta. In the meantime, here are a few links:
I would like to dedicate my travel pages to my good friend, Paul Michals of Denver, Colorado. He inspired me to travel on my own and to make my travel dreams come true.
Paul was a computer consultant and an archaeologist. He travelled extensively around the world and attended several Expos and Olympic Games.
In May 2000 he went to Crete to help set up computer systems and aerial infrared photograph of underground ruins. Unfortunately Paul vanished on 26th July 2000 during/after a visit to the Samaria Gorge in Crete.
His mother still awaits his return and she asked me to help her. I have not been successful in my other attempts, so putting his photo on VT and this dedication is just another way which I thought might help. Should anyone see this man please contact me. Read more about Paul here.
Personal Pages (3)
Written Feb 17, 2010
My Family of Cats
Written Sep 28, 2004
Written Mar 31, 2005
VT Meetings in Malta
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 74 Reviews
- 179 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Commented on omega77's profile page
- Xemx and philosykos are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "VT Meeting on a Monday Night"
- Posted in Travel Gozo Forum "Re: GOZO at Christmas Time"
- Wrote a Review Accommodation for Long Holiday in Malta Hotels
updated their Personal Page "My Family of Cats"
- Uploaded a Video to Valletta
- updated a Attard Travel Page "Attard, My Home"
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 19 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Perth Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Fremantle Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Attard Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vittoriosa 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cospicua 1 review, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bugibba 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54962 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2093 Reviews - 4054 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos