Havana Nightlife Tips by Kindra
Havana Nightlife: 83 reviews and 82 photos
Dancing at Karachi
If you want a more authentic Cuban experience, you will likely be the only Yuma in this club. It is mostly an Afro-Cuban hanging, a dark, smoky and small club with some tables and DJ music with a dance-floor. You are sure to see fantastic Afro-Cuban dancing and may be invited yourself! The music is primarily reggae and rap/hip hop and the entrance and drinks are in pesos nacionales. It makes for a cheap night!
Dress Code: More casual than most CUC nightclubs
Address: Vedado residential area
This is a hotel club in Cojimar (closer to the Playas del Este across from the harbour of downtown Havana) but we had a GREAT time at this club.
It opens at 10 pm and the first 50 women in the club get in for free- but you will have to fight the ferocious Cubanas to be able to do so! For the rest of us slow-pokes, it was a 5 CUC admission including 5 CUC of consumption. A bottle of rum costs 7 CUC and it is 1 CUC each for Coke. We grabbed a table and started to drink. The music started off as spanish balads but soon turned into reggaeton and salsa and then, around midnight, a fabulous Cuban reggaeton band came on to play with a beautiful female singer.
The vibe was VERY Cuban and very fun.
Pictures to come
Address: Next to Hotel Panamericano
Directions: Central Avenue in Cojimar, about 15 minutes from Habana downtown
$25 bottle of rum and Cokes
We had long wondered what this club was about after watching it alight many nights atop the 14th floor of the St. John's Hotel in Vedado.
It was a really fun place, packed with mostly young Cubans and a mix of reggueton, salsa, Euro-club music and a bit of (funny and annoying) Cuban karaoke. On a weekend, it was 10 CUC entrance per person but this including 10CUC worth of consumption. We pooled our money together and got a $25 CUC bottle of rum (with 3 REAL Coca Colas) and other drinks.
Its a small bar with a great view of Havana, one bar, various tables. It is open until 3 a.m. and there is NO smoking in the bar itself (a surprise for Havana) meaning you are relegated to the staircase in the hotel for smoking.
There are limited pics up here cuz frankly, what happens in the club, stays in the club! (or reappears in videos that you try to keep out of the public domain)
Address: Hotel St. John's. Ciudad de La Habana
Phone: (53 7) 33-3740 ext. 143
Drinking bucaneros at our table- pre-dancing
Casa de la Musica is a new Havana classic, but its high cover prices mean that only Yumas and wealthy Cubans are able to party there.
There is a live show (usually salsa) every day at 4 pm and 11 pm and most days, it turns into a disco around 1 am and goes until 6 am. There are lots of tables where you can sit, drink and watch the live show (and the hot gyrating up Cuban back-up singers!) as well as 2 bars, and a dance-floor. Entrance is usually 5-10CUC depending on whose playing that night, I never paid more than 5 CUC. There are two casas, but the best one is in Centro Habana on Galiano.
Lets just say the place is too fun for my pics to be posted here!
Dress Code: Dress up for some dancing! Anything goes really but it is a more high-heel, skirt, earring kinda place for the ladies. Men should have some dressier shoes, pants and a collared shirt. The place has A/C which makes it cold earlier in the evening but DAMN hot later in the evening/early morning when the place is packed with sweaty dancing.
Address: Galiano in Centro Habana
More Reviews (19)
- See All The Malecon
- Leave your wads of cash at home and stay...
- Bring what you need!
Kindra's Related Pages
Havana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to HAVANA !!!! ;)"
- "Habana - La ciudad de las columnas"
- "Felt like going back in time..."
- "Balcon al Caribe"
- "The faded beauty of Havana"
- "CITY OF MY LIFE"
- "LA HABANA VIEJA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Havana
- Hotels in Havana
- Transportation in Havana
- Nightlife in Havana
- Restaurants in Havana
- Shopping in Havana
- Warnings and Dangers in Havana
- See All...
Explore the World
- Yesvantpur Hotels
- Abano Terme
- Jalandhar Hotels
- Province of Ilocos Norte Hotels
- Virar Hotels
- Torri del Benaco
Badges & Stats in Havana
- 23 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Havana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Havana
Top 10 Pages
- Montreal Intro, 63 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 18 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 23 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 21 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mompós Intro, 18 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 43 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos
Latest Havana hotel reviews
- Islazul Las Terrazas Aparthotel Cuba
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 7, 2013
- Islazul Hotel Caribbean
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 28, 2013
- Marina Hemingway
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 8, 2013
- Villa Jibacoa Loma
- 417 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Hotel Plaza
- 209 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Hotel Melia Cohiba
- 397 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Hotel Neptuno Triton
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 20, 2013
- Hotel Acuario
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 22, 2013
- Hostal Del Tejadillo
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Hotel Caribbean
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Melia Habana
- 234 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Hotel de Los Frailes
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Hotel Saratoga
- 428 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Cubanacan Comodoro
- 153 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Meson De La Flota Hotel
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Habana Vieja - Old Havana- 42 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Playas de Este - The Beaches- 12 Reviews, 27 Photos
- The Malecon- 34 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Plaza de la Revolution- 36 Reviews, 65 Photos
- El Capitolio- 39 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Cigar Factories- 15 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Castillo el Morro- 17 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Museo de la Revolution - Revolution Museum- 21 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Plaza de la Catedral - Cathedral Square- 13 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Catedral de San Cristobal- 21 Reviews, 38 Photos
See All Havana Things to Do