"Gorgeous park, beaches, great food, mellow vibe" Top 5 Page for this destination Cahuita by Kindra
Cahuita Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 239 photos
This tiny little Caribbean town is among my favourite places in Costa Rica (I think only second to Montezuma on the Pacific which wins out slightly for having more options for eating and going out).
The town gained considerably notoriety back in 2000 when two young girls were killed. As a result, tourism sharply declined and security increased. Despite this tragedy, Cahuita is a generally very safe place to visit (I found it considerably safer than Puerto Viejo just 20 minutes south) and absolutely beautiful.
You can stay in inexpensive cabins just a few steps from the National Park which has 11 kilometres of beaches, coral reefs and jungle trails that allow you an upclose encounter with many animals (watch out for those pesky monkeys- they love to steal food and cameras!) The coconut curry food is spectacular and the people generally really friendly. Don't miss out on staying in Cahuita - it is such a treasure!
- Pros:Not too touristy, inexpensive, amazing food, beautiful
- Cons:Not too much of a nightlife
This facility is famous and more popular with travelers because it is right on the ocean. However, I found that it was... more travel advice
Kindra's Related Pages
Cahuita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "aaaaaaaaaaaaaah....Cahuita !!!"
- "Gorgeous park, beaches, great food, mellow vibe"
- "Sleepy yet Seductive"
- "CARIBBEAN BEAT IN CAHUITA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cahuita
- Hotels in Cahuita
- Transportation in Cahuita
- Nightlife in Cahuita
- Restaurants in Cahuita
- Warnings and Dangers in Cahuita
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cahuita
- 14 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Cahuita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cahuita
Photos in CahuitaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Montreal Intro, 63 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 18 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 23 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 21 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mompós Intro, 18 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 43 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos