"Montezuma" Top 5 Page for this destination Montezuma by Kindra

Montezuma Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 166 photos

Montezuma is a tiny little town near the most southern tip of the Nicoya Peninsula in the northwest part of Costa Rica on the Pacific. It is quite the trek to arrive to this beautiful destination from any other part of Costa Rica but well worth the trip if you can spend severa days to enjoy some of the many activities. Also nearby are Mal Pais and Santa Teresa (surfing and great beaches), Isla Tortuga and the Cabo Blanco and Curu reserves.
Enjoy the many beaches, go surfing, rent a kayak to visit Isla Cabuya, hike up to the waterfalls, go horseback riding on the beach, watch the monkeys leap through the trees.
Though some many say this is a very Gringo destination that is dirty and full of hippies, I didn't get that vibe at all. I found the beaches to be relatively clean (a clean up volunteer project is being borne as we speak), the town pretty safe and had a good mix of locals, old expats and budget travelers.

• In a nutshell:Best of Costa Rica: great vibe, endless things to do
  • Last visit to Montezuma: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 14, 2006

• Apr 8, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Hi, I'm trying to decide whether to go to Samara, Santa Teresa/Mal Pais, or Montezuma. Which do you think has a better beach? (pretty scenery and swimmable).

• Mar 27, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Hi, I´d like to go with my niece to Montezuma in April, we´ll arrive on on Tuesday, April 15 at noon San Jose airport. Which is the safest and best way for us? What do you thank about? Thanks

• Mar 2, 2008 at 12:29 AM

Wow! Your comments are awesome! Professionally written - the exact info you need and no fluff. Very helpful. You should seriously consider writing a travel guide. Thanks for your time. And good luck with your studies and further travels. Kion

• chodearm's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2008 at 2:16 PM

I can't wait to get put of the freezing NYC weather, its 15f today

• KidRock's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2006 at 5:54 PM

I love sunsets, thanks for the one in Montezuma!

• nomada's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2006 at 12:02 PM

Hi Kindra, you brought me back nice souvenirs of Montezuma:) How is life in San Jose?

Kindra

“Float like butterfly, sting like bee.”

Badges & Stats in Montezuma

Have you been to Montezuma?

Latest Activity in Montezuma