"Safe, pretty, calm Samara Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Sámara by Kindra
Sámara Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 281 photos
This is a small beach town on the south western coast of the Nicoya Peninsula in northwestern Costa Rica. It is small, fairly tranquil and though it is geared towards tourism, does not feel overly touristy. For years, it has been a popular spot for wealthy Tico families on vacation.
There is one many beach in a large horseshoe that stretches a few kilometres. There are several restaurants and surf shops lining the beach and the waves make gentle bathing difficult other than the early morning hours before high tide comes in just after noon.
Many activities to choose from including renting a surf or boogie board, horseback riding on the beach, kayaking to the island, snorkelling the reef, dolphin tours and more.
There is also a good selection of quality accommodations at reasonable prices.
- Pros:Many activities to choose from
- Cons:No banks, swimming is hard at the beach
This is the bar next to the backpacker resort on the water and is right on the beach. It has a bar, pool tables, music... more travel advice
Kindra's Related Pages
Sámara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Playa Samara, quiet time on the beach"
- "Safe, pretty, calm Samara Beach"
- "Samara undiscoverd Guanacaste"
- "A nice mix of locals and visitors"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sámara
- Hotels in Sámara
- Transportation in Sámara
- Nightlife in Sámara
- Restaurants in Sámara
- Shopping in Sámara
- Warnings and Dangers in Sámara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sámara
- 12 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Sámara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sámara
Top 10 Pages
- Montreal Intro, 63 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 18 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 23 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 21 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mompós Intro, 18 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 43 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos