"Welcome to Kindra's World Travels" Kindra's Profile

For a period of time I didn't update my site and due to the many VT changes over the years, many of my older pages have fell into disrepair and many photos lost.

Since my more recent adventures, I have tried to keep pages up and interesting: the more recent ones include my Havana page from my August/September 2008 trip (my favourite place in the world); my two trips to Nicaragua in 2006, living in Costa Rica in 2006 and traveling to Panama in 2006. Those are probably the most complete and up-to-date pages. I am currently working on my pages for Ecuador and the Galapagos and then, if there is time, will work on my pages for Colombia, Peru and Bolivia!

I have recently come back home after spending five months in South America. In addition to spending my last semester of last school in Quito, Ecuador, I was also lucky enough to hike the Inca trail to Machu Picchu and see the Salt Flats in Bolivia, among other Peruvian-Bolivian highlights over the 2008-2009 holidays prior to starting school. I also did a fabulous trip to Colombia, mostly the Caribbean coastal region, during Holy Week April 2009 - its really a gem of a country, among my top picks EVER and there is still so much more to be explored. Honesty, GO TO COLOMBIA. You can check out my travelblog for South America at www.mytripjournal.com/kindrasouthamerica or wait until I finish my pages here. You can expect my pages to include:
ECUADOR - Galapagos, Quito, Cuenca, Guayaquil, Salinas, Puerto Lopez, Atacames, Cotopaxi, Quilotoa, Banos, Sumaco Amazon
PERU - Lima, Cuzco, Sacred Valley, Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
BOLIVIA - La Paz, Uyuni, Salt Flats, Potosi, Sucre
COLOMBIA - Cartagena, Mompos, Taganga, Tayrona National Park

I passed the bar and am working as a student-at-law (articling student - in Canada, we have to do a year of that successfully before we are officially called to the bar). Most recently, my sister and I backpacked all over the south of Mexico in July and I have started to build some of my pages for that trip. In five weeks I saw:
MEXICO CITY - GUANJUATO - PUERTO ESCONDIDO - OAXACA - SAN CRISTOBAL DE LAS CASAS- PALENQUE - CAMPECHE- MERIDA - CHICHEN ITZA - TULUM - PLAYA DEL CARMEN - ISLA MUJERES (favourites were Palenque, Tulum and Isla Mujeres; Oaxaca not such a favourite since I was badly food poisoned and ended up in hospital!)

Since I am busy working and paying off student loan debts, I don't know what my next trip will be or when. I have 10 days of vacation between now and June 10, so I am hoping to take off sometime in February 2010: Belize looks like a distinct possibility at this moment (though I have considered Vietnam and Bali...we will see - money will be a key factor). I would still LOVE to spend next summer in Brazil studying portuguese and traveling though this will be money dependent (whether I get hired back by my law firm and will have a salary forthcoming). Of course I am still dying to see my friend Jovana in Serbia and see Croatia and Greece... and I am always lusting after Spain (almost as much as I lust after gorgeous Spanish men, Iker Casillas being my #1).... we will have to wait and see where life takes me!

Contact me for travel advice not dating/pen pal

Virtual Tourist IS NOT A DATING SITE. I am more than happy to respond to inquiries regarding various travel destinations; please DO NOT WRITE ME because you like my photos or want to meet up. That is not the purpose of this site or especially my reason for posting information and photos here. Thank you.

I gladly and frequently respond to emails that ask questions about places I have previously traveled to or lived in. I never respond to emails from people who just want to chat or find a new girlfriend!

• Intro Updated Oct 4, 2009

• Mailo's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2013 at 8:54 PM

One question.. i´ll write it via inbox.

• sdq's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM

!!!!! Happy Birthday !!!!!

• connectingrod's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2012 at 3:28 AM

A BIRTHDAY is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Hey Kindra, "Happy Birthday", with all my best wishes ... :)

• RAJESHSINGH's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2010 at 6:28 AM

HAPPY BDAY GOD BLESS U !

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2009 at 4:08 AM

Happy birthday Kindra and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon which is waiting for you why not for the Euromeeting next month? It will be fun with vteers from all over

• valliejc's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2009 at 12:30 PM

never been to manzanillo on the pacific side but have been to manzanilo on the carabean side!.is your photo from the nicoya peninsula or the talamance region ?.just curious , thanks

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2008 at 10:17 AM

Happy Birthday from sunny California! Here's to many more wonderful years!

• omran's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2008 at 6:35 AM

Happy Birthday to you from tripoli

• jacquisuiza's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2008 at 11:40 PM

I wish you a very happy birthday and that all your dreams come true. Jacqueline

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Kindra's Profile Photo

Kindra

“Float like butterfly, sting like bee.”

Real Name