"Welcome to Kindra's World Travels" Kindra's Profile
For a period of time I didn't update my site and due to the many VT changes over the years, many of my older pages have fell into disrepair and many photos lost.
Since my more recent adventures, I have tried to keep pages up and interesting: the more recent ones include my Havana page from my August/September 2008 trip (my favourite place in the world); my two trips to Nicaragua in 2006, living in Costa Rica in 2006 and traveling to Panama in 2006. Those are probably the most complete and up-to-date pages. I am currently working on my pages for Ecuador and the Galapagos and then, if there is time, will work on my pages for Colombia, Peru and Bolivia!
I have recently come back home after spending five months in South America. In addition to spending my last semester of last school in Quito, Ecuador, I was also lucky enough to hike the Inca trail to Machu Picchu and see the Salt Flats in Bolivia, among other Peruvian-Bolivian highlights over the 2008-2009 holidays prior to starting school. I also did a fabulous trip to Colombia, mostly the Caribbean coastal region, during Holy Week April 2009 - its really a gem of a country, among my top picks EVER and there is still so much more to be explored. Honesty, GO TO COLOMBIA. You can check out my travelblog for South America at www.mytripjournal.com/kindrasouthamerica or wait until I finish my pages here. You can expect my pages to include:
ECUADOR - Galapagos, Quito, Cuenca, Guayaquil, Salinas, Puerto Lopez, Atacames, Cotopaxi, Quilotoa, Banos, Sumaco Amazon
PERU - Lima, Cuzco, Sacred Valley, Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
BOLIVIA - La Paz, Uyuni, Salt Flats, Potosi, Sucre
COLOMBIA - Cartagena, Mompos, Taganga, Tayrona National Park
I passed the bar and am working as a student-at-law (articling student - in Canada, we have to do a year of that successfully before we are officially called to the bar). Most recently, my sister and I backpacked all over the south of Mexico in July and I have started to build some of my pages for that trip. In five weeks I saw:
MEXICO CITY - GUANJUATO - PUERTO ESCONDIDO - OAXACA - SAN CRISTOBAL DE LAS CASAS- PALENQUE - CAMPECHE- MERIDA - CHICHEN ITZA - TULUM - PLAYA DEL CARMEN - ISLA MUJERES (favourites were Palenque, Tulum and Isla Mujeres; Oaxaca not such a favourite since I was badly food poisoned and ended up in hospital!)
Since I am busy working and paying off student loan debts, I don't know what my next trip will be or when. I have 10 days of vacation between now and June 10, so I am hoping to take off sometime in February 2010: Belize looks like a distinct possibility at this moment (though I have considered Vietnam and Bali...we will see - money will be a key factor). I would still LOVE to spend next summer in Brazil studying portuguese and traveling though this will be money dependent (whether I get hired back by my law firm and will have a salary forthcoming). Of course I am still dying to see my friend Jovana in Serbia and see Croatia and Greece... and I am always lusting after Spain (almost as much as I lust after gorgeous Spanish men, Iker Casillas being my #1).... we will have to wait and see where life takes me!
Virtual Tourist IS NOT A DATING SITE. I am more than happy to respond to inquiries regarding various travel destinations; please DO NOT WRITE ME because you like my photos or want to meet up. That is not the purpose of this site or especially my reason for posting information and photos here. Thank you.
I gladly and frequently respond to emails that ask questions about places I have previously traveled to or lived in. I never respond to emails from people who just want to chat or find a new girlfriend!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 600 Reviews
- 1,273 Photos
- 15 Countries
- 33 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
- Kindra and Darkwind are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welcome to Kindra's World Travels"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Kindra's World Travels"
- created a Palenque Travelogue "Misol-ha and Agua Azul Waterfall Trip"
- Wrote a Review La Zona Rosa in Mompós Nightlife
- Uploaded a Video to Baños
- Posted in Travel La Paz Forum "Re: One day tour from La Paz of..."
- Commented on one of russian_yaz's Havana travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Montreal Intro, 63 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 18 reviews, 128 photos, 7 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 40 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 23 reviews, 80 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 21 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mompós Intro, 18 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 43 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baños Intro, 15 reviews, 47 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos