"A work related trip" Top 5 Page for this destination Shenzhen by Alain_Smeets

Shenzhen Travel Guide: 481 reviews and 1,211 photos

I was several times in Shenzhen for my work, but was always located in the factory area close to my work. One weekend we visited the theme parks in the city and another half day we spend some time in waterworld.

If you want to know how to obtain a China Visa you can read about this in the previous tip, just click on the link.

• In a nutshell:Work, work and some things to see and do
  • Last visit to Shenzhen: Nov 2002
  • Intro Updated Sep 3, 2003

• Jun 19, 2008 at 11:53 PM

you'll see more details about Shenzhen or Guangzhou at: hellochina.com/invite/by/vil...

• Jun 4, 2008 at 2:17 AM

At the phone no. below yr item i'm told there are 2 departures per day from HK to Shenzhen airport, not from Kowloon, but from the HK Macao ferry terminal at Sheung Wan. turbojet.com.hk/eng/schedule... may be better

• vincentf's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2003 at 11:49 PM

The one-way visa that you obtain in Shenzhen are only valid for travel within the Shenzhen area. It is not applicable for travel outside of Shenzhen, even within Guangdong province.

• Sep 4, 2003 at 12:31 AM

it took me so long time to finish reading ur story off and on,but it's really interesting...it seems like to be a different city through ur eyes compared with the one i am living in....good pics...

• simcard's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2003 at 9:17 AM

I visited Shenzhen two years ago with my friend Chris (VT: Chris_Dahlia). Your photos about The China Folk Culture Villages reminds me of the time when we were there - I was almost pulled to the center of the stage to be the bride..

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2003 at 2:40 PM

I have visited Shenzhen too, but didn't see a lot of the city. What is amazing to me is that the city of 3,000,000 didn't even exist 20 years ago.

• d_d's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2003 at 3:43 AM

Maybe one day I'll visit it...wonderful pics!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2003 at 8:11 AM

I think the area has changed alot since my visit in 1987! Very interesting to read about your trip! I love your street photos of peoples lives!

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2003 at 6:42 AM

You did not miss much at Windows of the World (I have photos on my Shenzhen page) and Splendid China is a better park. I liked your business trip travelogue and the wies-se-kie girls.

Alain_Smeets

“We don`t regret the things we did, but the ones we didn`t do.”

Badges & Stats in Shenzhen

Have you been to Shenzhen?

Latest Activity in Shenzhen