"A hike to the top of Slieve Donard" Downpatrick by Alain_Smeets

Downpatrick Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 10 photos

What do you mean it's broken

On Friday 15 August we had a VT-meeting in Belfast, I was joined by Zuzu alias Suzanne_M and Jane alias oneonta_ni and my travel friend from Belgium Dirk. We had a few drinks a meal and above all a great time and during the conversation it came up that me and Dirk wanted to hike in the Mourne Mountains in the county Down and Zuzu wanted to join us. No problem for us the more the merrier. After a nightcap in a pub Zuzu brought us closer to our hostel and because it was already midnight these 2 Belgian guys couldn't get into no pub anymore so what to do, correct go to sleep.

The result of the next day you can see on the above picture, that was taken in the emergency ward of the DownPatrick hospital. The full story of our trip, I shall post later on the Newcastle page in the county Down in Northern Island.

• Pros:A nice hospital
  • Cons:The waiting on Zuzu
  • Last visit to Downpatrick: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 29, 2003

• orlikins's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2004 at 2:53 AM

She brought me and Gabsblack to Downpatrick back in March, but we didnt go anywhere near that mountain!! :-)

• the_dutchman's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2003 at 3:07 PM

Hello Alain, I have a brother in law with your surname. He is from the province of Limburg in Holland. Since it is such an unusual name, you wouldn't be from that area (long ago) as well would you?

• Aug 26, 2003 at 7:53 AM

Zuzu shouldnt go hiking wearing high heels and mini-skirts..

• irisbe's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2003 at 12:05 AM

Wish her all the best! ah Carmen, you should hear him tell that story! Although it was about something serious, you can't help to laugh when you hear, as one does often `-) afterwards we can laugh about it. Quite a meeting hardly to forget I suppose!

• Carmela71's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2003 at 11:47 AM

zuzu told me that most of the photos are in her camera, She is in better spirits these days, What about the hsitory of not finding the hospital?... Nice of you visiting her!

Alain_Smeets

“We don`t regret the things we did, but the ones we didn`t do.”

Badges & Stats in Downpatrick

Have you been to Downpatrick?

Latest Activity in Downpatrick