"Clifden, the best Irish music I heard" Top 5 Page for this destination Clifden by Alain_Smeets
Clifden Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 173 photos
We arrived in Clifden, very late in the evening. Our plans were totally changed today as it was not the last time that we changed our minds, but all the time for the better. In our original plan we would stay in Rossavael, the village where the ferry towards Inishmore leaves. But because this was such a small place we decided to ride towards Clifden and find a place to stay along the way. But we are particular, a place to stay has to need a pub next to it. OK not next to it but in walking distance and the first one we found in Clifden, the place where we should stay the next day.
We parked our car in front of a B&B and at 21h30 we enter the door and booked a room, what can you ask for more. Luckily we already had eaten on the ferry and so after a shower we go to explore the Clifden pub life.
Before we arrived in Clifden, we drove across some beautiful country side towards Maam Cross, to bad that we were in a hurry and that we only could stop to take some photos.
And one thing that you must do when you are in Clifden, take the sky-road and enjoy the beautiful scenery over Clifden bay.
After our drive over the sky-road we continue our way towards the Connemara National Park and the Kylemore Abbey.
- Pros:Great pubs and Irish Music, the sky-road
- In a nutshell:Definitely worth the visit, to have a pint while you listen to great life music.
This 10.5 km long road brings you next to the Clifden Bay and it gives you an amazing view over Clifden and it's bay and... more travel advice
Alain_Smeets' Related Pages
Clifden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Clifden - The Unofficial Capital of the Connemara"
- "Clifden, the best Irish music I heard"
- "THE EDGE AND SKY"
- "Great Place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Clifden
- Hotels in Clifden
- Transportation in Clifden
- Restaurants in Clifden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clifden
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Clifden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clifden
Photos in ClifdenSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Machu Picchu Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 19 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Port Douglas Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Molenbeersel Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lier Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chobe National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Clifden hotel reviews
- Alcock and Brown Hotel
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 25, 2013
- Abbeyglen Castle Hotel
- 536 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Clifden Station House Hotel
- 458 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Ballynahinch Castle Hotel
- 554 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Ardagh Hotel Clifden
- 126 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 1, 2013
- The Mannin Bay Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Clifden Town Hostel
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 4, 2013