"Our first evening in Ireland" Top 5 Page for this destination Doolin by Alain_Smeets

Doolin Travel Guide: 118 reviews and 231 photos

Who invented the fog, it must be an Irishman

Doolin is a small fishing village on a sandy bay some 3km from the Cliffs of Moher.

We arrived in Doolin in the afternoon and went directly towards our hostel. Here we met an American with Irish roots, it was already his 7-ish trip to Ireland and he gave us some tips about things to see and to do. He also invited us for a jazz session that evening, but hey our first evening in Ireland, we don’t go to a jazz session, let the Irish music come to us.

Doolin is famous for his music and the cliffs of Moher. Oh those Cliffs, I wish I had seen them from closeby. When we arrived, we had clear views, but the next day it was all fogged in from the early morning until the late evening. He crossed the Burren and came back and still no views towards the cliffs.

I shall tell some more about our adventures in my T-logue.

• Last visit to Doolin: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 12, 2003

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2005 at 3:24 PM

I AM an O'Brien so I guess I'll go to the islands. I'll be having more then one guinness I assure you! nice page.

• evona's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2004 at 2:14 PM

Nice little page. Great views :)

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2004 at 9:59 AM

Excellent page, Alain. But didn't you like the Guinness then? LOL! Shame about the fog, but looks like you still enjoyed yourselves.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2003 at 2:59 AM

Great infos and wonderful pics ! The Burren is one of my favorite landscapes in Ireland !

• IrishFem's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2003 at 4:34 AM

Doolin is one of my favourite places. The Irish music mixed with beautiful scenery and a good pint of Guinness. What more could you ask for. :-) Ok.. don't say it... nice weather of course..

Alain_Smeets

“We don`t regret the things we did, but the ones we didn`t do.”

Badges & Stats in Doolin