"Our first evening in Ireland" Top 5 Page for this destination Doolin by Alain_Smeets
Doolin Travel Guide: 118 reviews and 231 photos
Doolin is a small fishing village on a sandy bay some 3km from the Cliffs of Moher.
We arrived in Doolin in the afternoon and went directly towards our hostel. Here we met an American with Irish roots, it was already his 7-ish trip to Ireland and he gave us some tips about things to see and to do. He also invited us for a jazz session that evening, but hey our first evening in Ireland, we don’t go to a jazz session, let the Irish music come to us.
Doolin is famous for his music and the cliffs of Moher. Oh those Cliffs, I wish I had seen them from closeby. When we arrived, we had clear views, but the next day it was all fogged in from the early morning until the late evening. He crossed the Burren and came back and still no views towards the cliffs.
I shall tell some more about our adventures in my T-logue.
The name Burren comes from hoireann, what means a rocky place. The Burren is a cracked limestone region that stretches... more travel advice
Inis Mór is the largest of the three Aran Islands off the west coast of Galway, with a population of about 900 people.... more travel advice
Alain_Smeets' Related Pages
Doolin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Doolin - dun little"
- "Our first evening in Ireland"
- "Doolin, County Clare"
- "Home of Irish Music"
- "Doolin, I Do"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Doolin
- Hotels in Doolin
- Transportation in Doolin
- Nightlife in Doolin
- Restaurants in Doolin
- Shopping in Doolin
- Warnings and Dangers in Doolin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Doolin
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Doolin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Doolin
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: holding our breath"
- updated a Doolin Travelogue "Doolin - things to see and to do"
- Wrote a Review Drive through the diverse landscape of the Burren about The Burren in Doolin Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Inis Mór on a bike through history and landscapes"
- Commented on one of sabsi's Doolin travel pages
Photos in DoolinSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Machu Picchu Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 19 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Port Douglas Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Molenbeersel Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lier Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chobe National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues