"Losing litres of sweat on Mount Errigal" Dunlewy by Alain_Smeets
Dunlewy Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 13 photos
Dunlewy, a small town in the County Donegal, well I never heard about this place while I was looking into the lonely planet from Ireland. But me and my friend wanted to do a lot of hiking and the Mount Errigal was mentioned there.
Driving over the winding Irish roads gives you the impression of a flat landscape but when then all of a sudden you see Mount Errigal peaking in the distance and you have a point to fixate on. This is the mountain we are going to hike up to in an half hour. When you drive around it, he looks impressive.
Mount Errigal is the highest point of the County Donegal and stands 751 metres tall. This mountain is cone shaped and ends in a peak. But when you go up, you will notice two peaks when you arrive at the top. We parked our car at the car park and there are many people who are doing the hike towards the top.
I can tell you that the hike towards the top isn't easy. It starts in a green meadow, but then it starts going up and yes here are also the loose rocks again, it seems that all mountains in Ireland have these loose rocks. (It brings back memories to Croagh Patrick). The hike to the top is hard for me, I'm out of shape. But the sights compensate that. Once at the first top I realise that I need to go further to the second one and oh my, my fear of heights is playing up. But the landscape is breathtaking just like the hike to the top.
- Pros:A Hell of a hike and an amazing scenery from the top
- Cons:Loose rocks and slip sliding away
- In a nutshell:Sweating to get to the top and loosing even more sweat going down!!!!!
Alain_Smeets' Related Pages
Dunlewy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Losing litres of sweat on Mount Errigal"
- "Probably the best hostel in Europe..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dunlewy
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Dunlewy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dunlewy
Photos in DunlewySee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Machu Picchu Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 19 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Port Douglas Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Molenbeersel Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lier Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chobe National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues