"Where do I park my car?" Inishcrone by Alain_Smeets

Inishcrone Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 4 photos

Just find a spot on the beach.

When we drove from Keel on Achil Island towards Donegal we wanted to see that famous beach at Inishcrone. So we did a short detour to end up in a traffic jam.

We found a parking spot very close to the beach and walked the last hundred meters to the beach. What we saw there, well I couldn’t believe my eyes. There was even a bigger traffic jam on the beach. Can you imagine that you park your car on the beach itself and go for a swim. Aaarrggghhh, what an idea and here in Ireland, well just drive you car on the beach, walk 15 metres and lay down in the clean air of the car exhausts.

What a day to go to the beach, the sun is shining and your neighbour is just starting his car. Hehehe, well only in Ireland I guess. While we walked about next to the restless people in their cars, we can do nothing then smile about this method of parking. Going to the beach to relax and then stress one half hour in the car because you can't reach the road.

We step in our car and within a minute we are on our way towards Drumcliff and Donegal.

• Pros:Nice beach
  • Cons:Parked cars and traffic jam
  • In a nutshell:A nice beach with parked cars and a traffic jam. -aaarrgggghhh-
  • Last visit to Inishcrone: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 28, 2003

Comments

Alain_Smeets

“We don`t regret the things we did, but the ones we didn`t do.”

Badges & Stats in Inishcrone

Have you been to Inishcrone?

Latest Activity in Inishcrone