"Inishmore, a step back in time?" Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore by Alain_Smeets
Inishmore Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 322 photos
Inishmore (Inis Mór) is the largest of the three Aran Islands and is located off the west coast of Galway. We had a very great and lovely time on Inishmore riding our bike over these roads. Everywhere you look you see walled meadows, monuments and ruins and the people take the time to talk to you.
When we left Rossavael on the ferry, we had sunny weather, but 10 minutes later we were fogged in and we were again thinking about the Cliffs of Moher, but when we arrived on Inishmore the sun was again there.
I can definitely recommend everybody to visit this small island and to explore it by bike, visit the ruins and also wonder like us why some meadows just containing stones need a wall.
- Pros:An beautiful island full of history and culture
- Cons:can be very busy in the peak season
- In a nutshell:A step back in time
The cliffs near the cashel of Dun Aengus and Dun Dubhchathair (black fort) are between 80 and 90 metres high. You see a... more travel advice
When we arrived, our battle plan was to make a big distance between us and the rest of the tourist (as if we can forget... more travel advice
Alain_Smeets' Related Pages
Inishmore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Inishmore, a step back in time?"
- "Inis Mor"
- "Inis Mór - Inishmore"
- "EX TEMPORE"
- "Inis Mor"
- "The Aran Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Inishmore
- Hotels in Inishmore
- Transportation in Inishmore
- Nightlife in Inishmore
- Restaurants in Inishmore
- Shopping in Inishmore
- Warnings and Dangers in Inishmore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Inishmore
- 14 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Inishmore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Inishmore
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: holding our breath"
- updated a Inishmore Travelogue "A bike ride across Inishmore - 4"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Inishmore, a step back in time?"
- Wrote a Review Watch the depth of the cliffs. in Inishmore Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of Krumel's Inishmore travel pages
Photos in InishmoreSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Machu Picchu Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 19 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Port Douglas Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Molenbeersel Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lier Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chobe National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues