"Inishmore, a step back in time?" Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore by Alain_Smeets

Inishmore Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 331 photos

history

Inishmore (Inis Mór) is the largest of the three Aran Islands and is located off the west coast of Galway. We had a very great and lovely time on Inishmore riding our bike over these roads. Everywhere you look you see walled meadows, monuments and ruins and the people take the time to talk to you.

weather

When we left Rossavael on the ferry, we had sunny weather, but 10 minutes later we were fogged in and we were again thinking about the Cliffs of Moher, but when we arrived on Inishmore the sun was again there.

relax and ride a bike

I can definitely recommend everybody to visit this small island and to explore it by bike, visit the ruins and also wonder like us why some meadows just containing stones need a wall.

• Pros:An beautiful island full of history and culture
  • Cons:can be very busy in the peak season
  • In a nutshell:A step back in time
  • Last visit to Inishmore: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 11, 2003

• leplaya's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2006 at 11:44 AM

Thanks for these great pics... you just made me decide to go to Inishmore!

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2005 at 5:01 AM

Alain, phantastic photos of Inis Mòr!

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2005 at 10:57 PM

Hello Alain! Thank you for taking me to a roundtrip around Inishmore! My friend and I spent a few days there some years ago and rode bikes as well. Absolutely the best way to see that wonderful island. Greetings from Finland, Sini

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2005 at 3:11 AM

Fascinating!!! I've never thought of Ireland as a high priority travel destination, but this page really makes me wanna visit ASAP!!! Lovely place, fantastic photos and great insights!

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2005 at 11:29 AM

Your pake makes want to go to Ireland again.

• krizt's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2004 at 2:12 PM

Amazing pictures- love your pages!

• Gappelt's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2004 at 12:23 PM

Wonderful pictures, great discription. Leave next week, will surely visit Inishmore. Remember we only regret the things we didn't do... send you a postcard!!!

• Jan 27, 2004 at 9:27 AM

looks like you had a cracking time there. i was there a couple of years ago and is rained constantly all day. didnt stop us hiring a bike though!

• Peret's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2004 at 3:45 PM

Great page. very good information about this charmer islands.

• oma14's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2003 at 8:14 AM

alain, what a wonderful page..i adore ireland...i haven't been to inishmore but have been on inisheer and loved it! great job!

Alain_Smeets

“We don`t regret the things we did, but the ones we didn`t do.”

Badges & Stats in Inishmore

Have you been to Inishmore?