Newgrange Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Alain_Smeets Top 5 Page for this destination
Newgrange Warnings and Dangers: 3 reviews and 0 photos
When you are driving around to find New Grange, you have to follow a strange sign to get there. You will see a sign pointing you towards the New Grange Farm and beneath it is saying: "No access to the monument".
Just follow that sign if you want to go to New Grange, because the monument is laying 100 metres before the farm. You will not see any signs that point you towards New Grange and there is a reason for that.
You will be denied access to the monument if you turn up by car. You will have to buy a ticket in the visitor centre and then you can go with a mini buss towards the monument. When we turned up at the monument, they told us this and the visits for that day where already fully booked.
So book your tickets in advance or wait until after the tourist season.
The Brú na Bóinne Visitors Centre is located near the village of Donore, Co. Meath and is the starting point for guided tours of Newgrange and Knowth.
Directions to Brú na Bóinne Visitor Centre from Dublin
Via the M1 Motorway: Take the M1 heading north, leave the motorway at the Donore Exit near Drogheda, (Brú na Bóinne is clearly signposted before the exit). There is a toll of 1.50 Euro before the Donore exit. Travel about 6km (4 miles) to the village of Donore, turn right passing Daly's Brú na Bóinne Bar and Restaurant on the right, travel about 1km, the Visitor Centre cark park is on the right hand side.
Via the N2: Take the N2 heading north via Ashbourne towards Slane in Co. Meath. Turn right about 2km south of Slane, the Brú na Bóinne Visitor Centre is 7km (4.5 miles) east towards the village of Donore. For about 3km before the Visitor Centre the road follows the bend in the river Boyne.
Alain_Smeets' Related Pages
Newgrange Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visiting Ancient Sites"
- "To Go there alone or not, that's no question, ...."
- "A tour of living history"
- "Eszter's Newgrange Page"
- "WELCOME TO MY MODEST NEWGRANGE PAGE ......:-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Newgrange
- Transportation in Newgrange
- Warnings and Dangers in Newgrange
- See All...
Explore the World
- Budapest Hotels
- Lake McConaughy State Recreation Area Hotels
- Lido Key Hotels
- Iloilo City
- Port Douglas Hotels
- Cabo San Lucas Warnings and Dangers
- Kuala Lumpur Warnings and Dangers
- Montego Bay Warnings and Dangers
- Sharm El Sheikh Warnings and Dangers
- Crime - theft
- Goa Warnings and Dangers
- Bad neighborhoods
- Singapore Warnings and Dangers
- Phuket Warnings and Dangers
- Red Light District
- Saint Lucia Warnings and Dangers
- Karachi Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Newgrange
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Newgrange?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newgrange
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: holding our breath"
- Uploaded a Photo to "To Go there alone or not, that's no question, ...."
- created a Newgrange Travel Page "To Go there alone or not, that's no question, ...."
- Wrote a Review New Grange - signposting and entrance. in Newgrange Warnings and Dangers
Top 10 Pages
- Machu Picchu Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 19 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Port Douglas Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Molenbeersel Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lier Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chobe National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues