"The gateway to the Rhodes Matopos National Park" Bulawayo by Alain_Smeets
Bulawayo Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 28 photos
The next day Saturday the 17 October we had to travel to Bulawayo in Zimbabwe. For doing this, we had to pass the border. This can take up to 2 hours, Jacques says. We did it in less then 1 hour. He never made it as fast as that. Is this an indication that I could win that bet? Well we traveled the whole day below the clouds. More than 1200 km in 2 days and always clouds, no sun. Can you believe that?
Going through the border is an experience for me, OK we also have that when we fly to an other country. In Europe there are only border controls outside the European Community. Here we had to stand in line, fill in a form for leaving the country, filling in an other form for entering Zimbabwe. The bus has to be declared and then all of us has to get a stamp in our passport. But especially the vehicle has to be checked in. Before that was done, we couldn’t stand in that line for our stamp. I’m wondering what they do with all those papers at the end of the day. Just stack them and sort them of throw them in the garbage can?
Alain_Smeets' Related Pages
Bulawayo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visit Rhodes Matopos National Park."
- "The gateway to the Rhodes Matopos National Park"
- "Gateway to Matobo National Park"
- "The streets of Bulawayo"
- "Matopos - Bulawayo"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bulawayo
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Bulawayo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bulawayo
Photos in BulawayoSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Machu Picchu Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 19 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Port Douglas Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Molenbeersel Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lier Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chobe National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues