"Het Taalmonument (The language monument)" Top 5 Page for this destination Paarl by Alain_Smeets
Paarl Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 87 photos
The next day we had to leave Simon’s Town to go to Oudtshoorn. Here we saw one of the faults that we made while booking this trip. I didn’t pay close attention on the distances of the hotels and the places that we gave up. As an example this hotel lays 70 k from Oudtshoorn, behind the mountains. So we lost a lot of time. The area around Cape Town, like Paarl, Franshoek and Swellendam is very nice. A lot of pretty views to see on these roads across the mountains. We also went to 2 wine venders to buy us some wine to drink the next evenings. We were impressed with the “taalmonument” in Paarl and also the views that you have from there. It’s very nice. But driving to the resort was a very long drive.
After the wine route, we decided to drive across the Karoo. All the way, all those very small bushes and sand. Nothing else to see. Traveling like that is like driving through a moon landscape, nothing to focus on, just drive. And then you try to follow a car that drives in front of you.
- Pros:Wine, mountains and the taalmonument
The vineyards around Paarl are worth a visit. We drove to several of them, tasted the good wines and bought several... more travel advice
Alain_Smeets' Related Pages
Paarl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paarl ( meaning pearl)"
- "Plenty to like about the Pearl of the Winelands"
- "a short drive from Cape Town is PAARL"
- "Het Taalmonument (The language monument)"
- "Paarl and the Winelands"
- See All...
Explore the World
- San Joaquin Hotels
- White Plains
- Little Shuswap Lake Hotels
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge
- Kampong Bukit Beruang Hotels
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald
- North Yorkshire Hotels
- Riordan Hotels
- Viana do Castelo
- Lake Oswego
- Isola di Capraia
- Fucking Hotels
- Bullhead City
Badges & Stats in Paarl
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Paarl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paarl
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: holding our breath"
- updated a Paarl Travel Page "Het Taalmonument (The language monument)"
- Commented on one of kenHuocj's Paarl travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Het Taalmonument (The language monument)"
- Wrote a Review The Vineyards around Paarl in Paarl Things to Do
Photos in PaarlSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Machu Picchu Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 19 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Port Douglas Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Molenbeersel Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lier Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chobe National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Paarl hotel reviews
- De Oude Paarl Boutique Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Aug 4, 2012