"The garden route in the mist and rain." Stormsrivier by Alain_Smeets
Stormsrivier Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 19 photos
That night it started to rain and the next morning it was still raining. So we started our day 8 the 15 October with rain. We had a journey for us across the garden route. But with the rain, the view was lousy. We wanted to take the scenic route to see the scenic places. But due to the rain we decided to take the N-2 instead. We progressed very fast and with this weather being so early in Port Elisabeth was also not a good idea. So we turned back on the scenic route, to see those places. But without the full glory of the sun, it isn’t that great to see. But who’s complaining it is still worth while.
Due to our decision we traveled along some places twice. And there we saw what the rain can do. Coming back to some steep walls for the second time, we see now some rocks laying on the road that weren’t there before. The second time we see rocks on the road, we even had to clean the road before we could go ahead. These rocks were blocking the road. I was thinking what could have happened when our car and the rocks are there on the same time. No stop thinking about that.
There has to be a bridge on this picture, try to find it in the mist.
- Pros:Nice scenery
- Cons:The rain
Alain_Smeets' Related Pages
Stormsrivier Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The garden route in the mist and rain."
- "Bird watching and hiking in TSITSIKAMMA"
- "Beautiful Stormsrivier"
- "One of my favorite places along the Garden Route"
- "Stormsrivier, Tsitsikamma National Park"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stormsrivier
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Stormsrivier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stormsrivier
Photos in StormsrivierSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Machu Picchu Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 19 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Port Douglas Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Molenbeersel Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lier Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chobe National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues