"The wildlife is all around us" Chobe National Park by Alain_Smeets
Chobe National Park Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 384 photos
Sunday 18 October we started for Chobe in Botswana, an other border control. When we entered Botswana, a few kilometers further, we were stopped. An official wanted to do a health inspection and a decontamination of the buss. This takes several hours. But Jacques could talk him out of it. Due to the buss (remember that we had an old one), we arrived too late in Chobe. This buss has not enough power to travel. Because of our late arrival we missed the evening drive. And we ended up waiting for several hours before lunch. So the bar was the only option except the pool, but the bar sounds nicer for the wait. While we were waiting outside to get our room keys, we saw a big group of elephants traveling, this was in the distance, a few kilometers further. In the telescope we saw them as the elephant of Cote D’Or (the chocolate). Chobe is a smaller wild park with a lot of open plans and therefore you can see very far. When we arrived at the lodge, several monkeys welcomed us; some of them were carrying a small one on their belly. The weather was hot, more then 30 degrees. There goes my bet. We also missed the sunset. We were inside in the bar and not outside in the dining area. And inside you can’t see the sunset. Bill went outside to see but the rest who was sitting there didn’t bother to go outside to have a look.
Chobe is a good place to visit, nice surrounding like eating next to the river in the nature. The noise of the wilderness accompanies you while eating. We stayed up very late or early. It was nice outside.
- Pros:Great wildlife watching
I can recommend a boat trip on the Chobe River. You will see lots of wildlife pass before your eyes while you relax in... more travel advice
Alain_Smeets' Related Pages
Chobe National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chobe National Park - Natures wonderland."
- "Chobe National Park"
- "Chobe National park"
- "Wonderful Stay, Spectacular Elephant Sighting"
- "Elephants and more Elephants!"
- "Chobe National Park"
- "A world full of elephants"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chobe National Park
- Hotels in Chobe National Park
- Transportation in Chobe National Park
- Nightlife in Chobe National Park
- Restaurants in Chobe National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Chobe National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chobe National Park
- 2 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Chobe National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chobe National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: holding our breath"
- updated a Chobe National Park Travel Page "The wildlife is all around us"
- Commented on one of sachara's Chobe National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Go on a boat trip to float omong the animals. in Chobe National Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "A boat trip on the river - 3"
Photos in Chobe National ParkSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Machu Picchu Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 19 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Port Douglas Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Molenbeersel Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lier Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chobe National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues