"Just enjoy the atmosphere of Kuranda" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuranda by Alain_Smeets
Kuranda Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 203 photos
Kuranda, was a blast for us, we came together with the rest of the Contiki group and we saw our first Aboriginal traditional dancing there. In Kuranda you can do many things, but riding that sky-rail above the trees of the tropical rainforest and that scenic train that brought us back to Cairns are worthwhile things to do.
But what I like most was my visit to the Tjapukai Aboriginal Culture park, were we saw that traditional dancing with lot's of explanation about those dances and we could throw also with a boomerang and a spear. Luckily the first one came back and the second didn't. Otherwise it would be too dangerous.
But be careful such a returning Boomerang can hit you also, so keep an eye open towards your own boomerang and one eye towards your friends one.
- Pros:Tjapukai Aboriginal Culture Park, Sky rail, Scenic train
- In a nutshell:A fun day
The Kuranda Scenic Train brings you back from Kuranda to Cairns, and you can buy a combination ticket that includes the... more travel advice
This is a nice hotel with separate cabins for the guests. We stayed in a cabin with a bedroom on the first floor and two... more travel advice
Alain_Smeets' Related Pages
Kuranda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Village of Kuranda"
- "Kuranda in the Cairns Rainforest"
- "Just enjoy the atmosphere of Kuranda"
- "Kuranda,village in the Rainforest"
- "Rainforest and Skyrail"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuranda
- Hotels in Kuranda
- Transportation in Kuranda
- Restaurants in Kuranda
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuranda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuranda
- 7 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Kuranda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuranda
Photos in KurandaSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Machu Picchu Intro, 20 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cuba Intro, 19 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inishmore Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Victoria Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Port Douglas Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Molenbeersel Intro, 7 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lier Intro, 2 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chobe National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues